VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Left Foot Neuropathy

Rate this question

SupDoc

Question

Hi there everyone, I'm a newbie to this site and forum. I just received an 80% rating from BVA but am curious about my other ratings. I received 50% from GAD/SAD, 50% from sleep Apnea, and 10% tinnitus. Additionally I filed for left foot neuropathy, which was cause from a medical treatment from a military physician. Long story short, the podiatrist over treated a planter wart with liquid nitrogen and gave me frostbite on my left foot. The result, in addition to some pretty substantial scarring, was neuropathy. I included in my submission for this pictures, of the frostbite after treatment, medical notes from physicians following treatment, and had a C&P exam that included the traditional statement of "It is as least as likely as not (50/50 probability) that the veteran's neuropathy was related to military service." Yet I was given a 0% rating for this. I am not trying to be greedy by any means but I am just curious if I was rated fairly in this regard. Anybody have any thoughts or suggestions on this. Any help or suggestions are appreciated. 

2 answers to this question

Go to the VA Schedule of Ratings here to determine if the medical evidence they had matches up with the VASRD ratings.

The diagnostic code will help you determine that too. I am curious what Diagnostic code they actually used.

Frostbite residuals are rated differently than neuropathys.

Your SC @ 0% was listed on your recent Award Letter, right.

Wasn't there an Evidence Reviewed and discussion as to why 0% and what would be necessary for the next Increased Rating?

Semper Fi