VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Must Read for Those who Have Spinal Cord Injuries

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

http://www.spinalinjury101.org/details/levels-of-injury

High-Cervical Nerves (C1 – C4)

• Most severe of the spinal cord injury levels
  • Paralysis in arms, hands, trunk and legs
  • Patient may not be able to breathe on his or her own, cough, or control bowel or bladder movements.
  • Ability to speak is sometimes impaired or reduced.
  • When all four limbs are affected, this is called tetraplegia or quadriplegia.
  • Requires complete assistance with activities of daily living, such as eating, dressing, bathing, and getting in or out of bed
  • May be able to use powered wheelchairs with special controls to move around on their own
  • Will not be able to drive a car on their own
  • Requires 24-hour-a-day personal care

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Hey Bro! Good to see your still hangin in there!

I been out of touch for some time now and thought I'd check in. Talking about shell shocked when I just read about Carlie!!! Wow, I still can't believe it. She was such a good spirited woman. I defiantly will miss her, she helped me out a lot with my claims. God bless her.                                                                                                                                       Anyway.....I do have a question about spinal cord injuries, and I can't remember but Basser touch on the subject some years ago about certain spinal injuries can cause Pulmonary HTN. If I'm wrong about this I apologize JB. I was recently diagnosed with it and need more info relating to this. I do have spinal stenosis on 3 different area's and not to mention severe central sleep apnea with 02 night and day. So if anyone wants to jump in with any info on this I would appreciate it.

COOT