VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Acupuncture Treatment side effects

Rate this topic

RU, could it be MANopause?

I've been getting VA Acu treatments 3 -4 times per month for past 7 or so months. So far really helping with the Feet Neuropathy situation. I also ues the VA provide "Essential OIL Lotion" therapy nightly. Both have really helped with the chronic pain.

Can't say I've had any noticeable side effects from either treatment. I try to get my feet pinned EOW and my ears pinned weekly. The Essential Oil is use every night. I've found that the oil also works on sore shoulders and hands, almost immediately, same with my feet. Can't believe the relief.

Just recently I tried it on a chronic shoulder itch, worked immediately and lasted all night.

Don't Swet the Swet! I'd take the SWET over the pain, any day. Check out the VA Essential Oil Progrm.

Semper Fi

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, armorer said:

Sweating is good. It is when you quit sweating you need to worry. Acupuncture release endorphins to relieve pain, stimulates blood and body fluids to prevent stagnation and pain, clears your pores to keep all of your organ fluid systems flowing in sync. It can cure strokes, Parkinsons, etc... depending on how long you've had it.

The Yin  (nutrition - to hands/feet from trunk) and Yang (Qi Energy - from hands/feet to head) should be balanced as well.  Strong points are in hands/feet, knees/elbow, back/hip, and scalp (there are over 1000 points.) Most of the magic is in the local areas, but again, just a couple of super points in one hand and one foot can balance out most any treatment. The knees and elbows fix internal organs.

** for example your question: if you had all back points (Yang or energy) and no Yin super points to balance it out, you would sweat. It's like wearing a magnetic bracelet on yin side (palm down wrist) is good, but if you put it on yang side (back of wrist), it will sweat because you are sucking out blood and body fluids without nutritional input to balance it out. All your extremities, front/back, inside/outside, internal/external have yin/yang flows.

MD's go to acupuncturist as well (in trench coats an Sun glasses.) Electronic stimulation needles are up to 600x the strength of morphine per area and it is really the ONLY txt for the lower back L2-S2 (and the nerves for your whole lower body and lower organs.) Get a dermatone chart from web, and your back acupuncture 2" on each side of the spine effects all those dermatone area on the chart (L2-S2): it's wonderful. Too bad I can't do back-acupuncture on myself.

Acupuncture is real and it is a miracle. For ALL the 'chronic' meds that kill your organs, Acupuncture is what most people need most of the time. Western Meds are mainly good for emergencies, What VA Vets get are the chronic meds that do not work and kill your organs: the same ineffective drugs for everything unfortunately that are addictive and lifetime prescriptions. LEARN to research your meds side-effects on Drugs.com (!)

And generally speaking, if done properly (don't puncture a lung or artery) and the patient has eaten, acupuncture does not have side effects. Once people learn they are small needles and not flesh-chunking Western needles, their fears subside and most people relax the best they can during  most treatments (except maybe scalp acupuncture which is strong txt for strokes, paralysis, double vision, etc...)

you are so correct when I sweat my body is healing it self

and from what the good lord gave me my own healing medicine.

no pills or opiates from VA I luv my treatments its works I forgot

about the MaryJ

Edited by RUREADY

it is a side effect from the treatments sweating is one

at least for me it is I have been taking treatments for about 2 years

it works but was told sweating is not that bad its just healing

5 hours ago, RUREADY said:

it is a side effect from the treatments sweating is one

at least for me it is I have been taking treatments for about 2 years

it works but was told sweating is not that bad its just healing

Well, that's hard to say. Acupuncture is cool because every treatment, the acupuncturist: measures your vitals (or is supposed to), listens to your top 2 or 3 complaints, and custom prescribes (specifically for THAT day) a treatment of about 10 to 30 needles that will let your body heal itself.

Of course, you need to stretch and exercise after a day to further help your body heal itself. Always ask for e-stimulation: it's like the power of 3 to 6 treatments in one!

Depending on how much you are sweating and how consistent it is, the prescription may need to just add a couple of super Yin points on your hand(s) and feet to balance out the strong energy Yang prescription it sounds like you are getting (needling on your back?) You want to be balanced, like Buddha and always take the middle road.

Next time, ask your acupuncturist to add at least LU7, PC6, KD6, SP4 on opposing hand and foot. These are the strongest Yin points and you should stop sweating so much. By sweating, you are using up your yin energy and drying out which can lead to overheating, internal wind, and sickness. (But I don't know what your Eastern Dx is and what he is trying to do - ??) He may be trying to open your pores for lungs, cleansing (VA drugs out of your system :-), etc...

Ask him why you are sweating. It may be important feedback good or bad.

Edited by armorer