VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I think I made VA mad

Rate this question

harleydude54

Question

March 2014 I filed a claim for increase of depression and IU  

June 2014 It was closed in "Error"  Has since been reopened as an "administrative review"   

9/03/14  I received an email response from IRIS stating  "records show that your file was forwarded to the supervisor of the team that processed your claim. Please allow sufficient time to process it" 

October 2015 I noticed (after weeks of the claim showing as "Preparation for Notification") I noticed  that a development letter was sent.  I did a VA Chat since I never got the letter and was told that it was it had to do with the electronic development process and a letter had not been sent by VA.

November 2015 contacted my Congressman (I was getting nowhere on my own and my VSO wasn’t a help) and he received an email stating that "we made a decision on xxxx claim on 09/29/15 and it is currently pending finalization"

April 19th sent email to IRIS April 19th

VA "Chat" April 25, 2016 on a different issue but also asked about the claim and got the canned response. 

May 2 received a reply stating “claim was complete on April 26, 2016. VA has made a decision on your claim and a packet of detailed information explaining your decision will be sent.

Today (May 11th) I contacted the VA via chat since I was still showing in e-benefits to be in the pending decision approval phase.  At the end of the chat the VA representative wrote "I understand and I am sorry, We have already appropriately responded to you other requests for the same information.  Therefore, we must discontinue any further response to you regarding this issue.  If you have questions specific to your benefits you can review your premium eBenefits account" then the rep immediately signed off.  

Was this too many times to contact VA for an update on my claim?

I just checked e-benefits (8 hours after chat session) and my claim is now showing Prep for Notification and I am getting extremely nervous and I hope the session today won’t affect my decision in any way. 

Dont worry about making VA mad.  I have been on their chit list for about 10 years.    Its what they do.  Allison published a memo that all claims over 2 years old are to be completed first.  Yet, when you ask for that they put you at the back of the pile. 

Im thinking you should wait another 30 days or so, then send a letter identifying you as qualifying for Allison Hickey 2 year promise.  

If no response after another couple months, then file a writ to compell compliance to Allison Hickeys 2 year promise.  It will get you a quick denial and at least you can appeal.  

Edited by broncovet

I understand how you feel as I have been going through a similar process I contacted my congressman they are doing a congressional inquiry(which is neither here nor ther it depends on who is the congressman liaison and his connections or that offices connections with the regional office and the effort they take)  mine has been since 2014 and the lost if found it the appeal and then the claim from  2016  was closed in error several times every thirty days lol . It may take a while but a bureaucracy has a way of correcting its self so thank goodness that you are self advocating every rock that is uncovered leads to the truth and some people may take it personal just keep your records and be patient.  This however slow or fast they go does not determine in my opinion if the claims is in my favor or not but at least we are able to move to the next phase if denied and not stagnated or reap the benefits that you so richly deserve study and be prepared for you are you best advocate and the best help I have ever gotten has come from another Vet and Hadit.

Bureaucracy: Definition

The government organizations, usually staffed with officials selected on the basis of experience and expertise, that implement public policy

Hierarchical organization into specialized staffs

Free of political accountability (non-partisan)

Still affected by Congressional budget and oversight

Ideal scenario: members apply specific rules of action to each case in a rational, nondiscretionary, predictable, and impersonal way

UPDATE

Sorry I didn't post earlier.  I was out of town.  I rode my trike with other VFW members to DC for Rolling Thunder.

I found out right before I left that everything was approved.  My rating is now  90% paying at 100% due to umemployability.  VA wrote my congressman and said the reason it took so  long was the amount of retro that it had to be signed by many authorizers.

Thank you for all of your support!!!