VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help

Rate this topic

Does anyone have any info on P3 profiles/compensation? I had a P3 profile for arthritis of my left anke due to a service connect accident where my leg and anke was broken. I also was diagnosed and treated for lupus while in the military. My profile read as follows : Left ankle arthritis, arthrits. No bending, stooping,crawling,jumping,running(may sub required 2 mile run with walking 1 1/2 mile in 23 minutes for PT test.), No prolong standing (over 2 hrs, with a 45 min. break.) This profile was issued in 1983. My record is full of respraining, and complications from my ankle. I was granted 10% when I was medically retired in 1988. Over the years my ankle and lupus has gotten worse. I must use a cane, walker, and electric wheelchair to get around. I filed a claim for worsing of condition mmost rencently, (2003). My case is on appeal. Iwas briefly awarded 100% for ptsd, severe depression, anxiety, unemployability, I received 100% for 2 years(July2004-Jan.2oo6. When I appealed some other issues and the effective date, the CUE'd me and reduced me back to 60%. I have requested assistance with locating military and medical records, but they refuse to comply with their duty to assist! When I requested a formal hearing I told the hearing officer that I was still waiting for records from the VA, I could not defend myself in the hearing because they refused to provide me with the records from my last C&P. I went to the hearing anyway and told the hearing officer what happened and they reduced me anyway. I have both of the VA manuels and I know them regs better than most so...I was in voc rehab 3 times. I have had 6 VR counslors since 1988 when I was medically retired. I was placed on independant living in or about 2004. My case is solid. T-bird,/ole timers crew, you guys helped me in 1997 to get in voc rehab again... My old handle was sistasoldier/sistavet.

I sure could use some help. :rolleyes:

Holla Back :huh:

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"When I appealed some other issues and the effective date, the CUE'd me and reduced me back to 60%."

Did you NOD that decision?

Did they use your Voc Rehab records against you? stating that your educational experience has rendered you employable?

Did they find medical proof of actual improvement in your SC condition?

Do you have a vet org representing you?

"I have requested assistance with locating military and medical records, but they refuse to comply with their duty to assist!"

The VA will send you a copy of your VA medical records upon request to the Records Access Officer at the VA that treats you.

The SMRs and other service records- you can get yourself at NARA:

http://www.archives.gov/

If you have private medical records I suggest that you write to the doctor directly to get these records.

Edited by Berta

• HadIt.com Elder

This is VA terrorism at its worst. Because you file a CUE the VA retaliates and reduces you!!!! That is dirty pool.