VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

Andyman73

Question

Not too long ago I had an EMG for upper extremities, testing for cervical radiculopathy. I was DXd with bilateral carpal tunnel syndrome, specifically loss of sensation in my fingers/hands.  They prescribed wrist braces for both.

I have been dealing with loss of feeling and some pain in my hands.  Also noticed that I have been dropping things that I didn't used to have problems with...nothing big, but small stuff, pens, pencils, papers, small toys, nothing requiring strong grip to hold onto.

About midway through my 6 year enlistment I was in a MVA, and injured one of my wrists when the steering wheel whipped around.  I went to the base clinic and had it documented.  It hurt for a month or two, but I don't recall if I had to wear a splint.

Do I have a legitimate claim with this? If so, should I file a FDC, since it was the VA who DXd me with the carpal tunnel?

Semper Fi

17 hours ago, Andyman73 said:

My neck came back as suggestive of but not diagnostic of cervical radiculopathy.  Which is their way of saying yep, but nope.

Semper Fi

did you actually see the emg report?

No, ice, haven't seen the emg report.  Just what was written on my bluebutton. 

I did notice that when I drive, and write that I grip a lot harder than necessary.  And when writing, that my whole hand aches within a minute or two, because I'm gripping my pen/pencil so tight, due to reduced feeling in my fingers.

Semper Fi