VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

MH C&P examiner ignored evidence.

Rate this question

Andyman73

Question

Hello all, I am starting a new thread about my issue, I was dangerously close to hijacking somebody else's thread. 

Background,

C&P exam, Nov 2nd, 2015 for depression secondary to chronic pain. DX as MDD reoccurant, with SI, in June of 2015, by VA MH dr. I asked him if depression can be caused by chronic pain, he said most definitely. Many depressed Vets have chronic pain issues. So then I filed the claim for depression secondary to chronic pain.

I fell down stairs during boot camp in 11/92. Many issues with back and knee pain from that point. VA SCd me for painful knee condition, bilateral. And Low back strain/pain, residual pain from L ankle injury, tinittus and hearing loss, all dated to my EAS of 11/98. So, now I have chronic established.

C&P examiner ignored all my evidence, and opined that one minor leg injury, in his opinion, can't lead to depression. I don't know how he, in is uninformed mind, can say that the other VA docs and ROs thought my one minor leg injury led to those contentions being SCd 17 years ago.

RO told me on the phone that she will not over rule the examiner, since he must know what he's talking about....so she willfully ignored my evidence as well.

Andyman73, don't give up!! I do understand that it is very hard, heck I have family support and its still difficult, I can only imagine what it must be like for you. I will say this, Andy, if you were to get an IMO/IME, that would NOT become part of your regular medical record, it is a one-time report that you pay for, it is not included in your non VA health records. In other words, your regular doctors would have no idea that you received an IMO unless you tell them. It is not your fault that you have these medical conditions, and I wish that your family could be more supportive. I would definitely ask your VA MH doc when you see him again, and Andy, hang in there, we will support you and help as much as we can!!

Thanks, flores97, I appreciate it. I will check into a MH IMO/IME after I see my VA MH dr again. I'm waiting for the final results of my Neurological exam.  That's really got me anxious, more so the waiting than the results.  I know my VA MH dr is also waiting as well, so maybe that report will be the key to get everything moving in the right direction.  I think I can manage waiting, if I know the outcome will be favorable, vs waiting with no idea of the outcome.

I need a platform to stand on for a few minutes, give my hands and arms a break from all this hanging on.