Sponsored Ads

• Latest Donations

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
Sign in to follow this  
joerohling

Eval for TBI issues

Question

So I have a HUGE problem! It is documented in my Military records and am being SC for a surgical reconstruction of my Frontal sinus portion of my skull. However, I was never rated or even thought about it until here recently, looking at the actual injury that caused the fracture(head injury/ skull fracture) that occurred 15 years ago. I basically did not recognize any of the issues (insomnia, depression, anxiety, memory issues, difficulty concentrating) or masked them through alcohol and substance abuse( which use of these did not start until after the injury) until sobering up over the last 2 1/2 years. However, after many therapy sessions my therapist, whom is not an MD, he is confident that all these underlying issues are the perfect example of residuals from the head injury. I do not recall the hospital at Ft. Campbell doing a TBI eval, or being diagnosed with TBI, I think mainly because it was in 2000 and TBI was not at the moment an issue. My psych put in a consult recently for TBI eval, which the MD that received consult denied, stating that because A)the injury was prior to November 2001, B) I did not report symptoms (to VA) until 2008 or later, and C) not combat related, I do not qualify for a TBI screening. He also requests records from outside physicians and will reassess after seeing those. I did see outside physicians for a few years after getting out due to having private insurance and it was so much more convenient than driving 1 1/2 hours one way. I also had some issues that I saw those physicians for that fall in the symptom categories listed above. However, after spending the last 2 days calling these different physician offices, I find out that either the records have been destroyed because they only keep them for so long, or I am not in their system at all. I don't know where to go with this from here. Anyone else had a similar situation? And if so, what did you do to get the situation looked at? I have an intent to file for the head injury and residuals, but do not want to file until I have all my ducks in a row( lesson learned the hard way).

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet