VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Still Working??

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

Am I able to work if I am 100% scheduler rated with 2 issues one at 70 % TBI and one at 50 % Depressive Disorder? I worked to hard with the VA in the appeal process to lose 6 years of headaches. I don't think I will keep my present job aviation is stress on  the memory unless I land a cake inspector job.

Sorry I am 90 right now 70 30 20 10 10 10 10 Is my current rates. I am also going in for a C&P for two remanded issues I was just asking if I am rated at 50% which would bring me to 100 could I still work?

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes you can as long as your not IU. 

This why I brought up the IU.

IU Is rated for veterans that can't work due soley on their SC Disability & if there just a 90%combined  like your rating  then the VA Awards the IU with using the extra schedular  that brings the veteran up to the pay rate of 100% so actually your rating is a combied rating  it still equal a 100% rating(if your sc disability keeps you from working)

However a veteran can be rated 60% and still get the IU If their sc disability keeps them from working..you just need to prove it  by medical evidence and Dr's and not be working.

Most veteran can get SSDI if there on IU.

JMO

...............Buck

IU=An award of 100% disability even though you don't meet the schedular rating requirements.  Get caught in gainful employment that violates the rules in the CFR, and you can lose the rating.

Thanks everyone and I also have 1 increase C&P on the 25th for an increase on my TBI residuals currently at 70 if this gets bumped to 100%, this is not a mental health issue or is it?

Edited by jfrei

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes TBI is mental health issue.

Pete992 it does matter what a veteran is rated and what for...I disagree with you on your statment below.

However I do agree about the 90% rateing using the extra schedular  to help the veteran get IU...but as for as working it does matter rather the veteran is 100% schedular vs the extra schedular for IU

100% schedular veterans can work & IU Veteran are not suppose to be working.

Please check your VA math, with these two ratings you hit 88 which is rounded up to 90% and VA pays 100% TDIU that is if you are TDIU. 

''It really does not matter, If you are 100% schedular or 100% TDIU, VA can re-evaluate your ratings and propose a reduction if you continue to work after the rating.''

Edited by Buck52

How is a TBI a MH issue if you can be rated for ptsd and or a TBI as a separate issue when I thought you could only have 1 MH issue? TBI residual 3.25 c'm cyst in my brain is not a mental health its physically there in MRI. Causes me fatigue and memory loss have the neurological test done in 2007 2010 when discharge