VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Still Working??

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

Am I able to work if I am 100% scheduler rated with 2 issues one at 70 % TBI and one at 50 % Depressive Disorder? I worked to hard with the VA in the appeal process to lose 6 years of headaches. I don't think I will keep my present job aviation is stress on  the memory unless I land a cake inspector job.

I sorry it been awhile forgot I started this one but I am in the prep for a decision still have no idea what they are going to decide I just submitted a MRI into my claim done by the vA shows that it's still as bad as it was ten years ago..

• HadIt.com Elder

PTSD &TBI is confusing to say the least as to how they will rate each one...it is a mental health problem or the TBI's are usually caused by traumatic experince

there trying to figure out how to rate the two separate? 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3182010/

On January 3, 2017 at 5:30 PM, Buck52 said:

PTSD &TBI is confusing to say the least as to how they will rate each one...it is a mental health problem or the TBI's are usually caused by traumatic experince

there trying to figure out how to rate the two separate? 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3182010/

I was reading the article and what's the classification of a TBI which my Glasgow was 3 loss of consciousness 26 days? Is there a sTBI for severe ones? But in case I haven't updated this post I was granted IU back to November when I was forced to resign by my last employer. I didn't really know about SSDI but I filed this month 12 days ago to be exact. I close by the office so I've dropped my hospital records from my TBI the one year records of rehab my DD214 to show deployment and honorable verification. My claim I believe is being expedited quickly but hopefully not to quick. I actually spoken to the determination office lady handling my claim she asks some questions told me how my story was just like her dads story and can relate to with dealing with the VA when she say my IU award she asked me how much of that was my TBI I was rated at 70 for my TBI but was given 100 IU because I have no short term memory she said she sent me paperwork a few days ago and if she could talk to my wife. I said sure? Is that usually a bad or good sign? This is my initial claim I can't believe the lady making her determination actually met with me, she spoke of scheduling s RFC a few days ago but yesterday she said if she needs anything is she will call me since I have all my I Civialian medical records since my TBI wasn't evaluated by the military until I was walking again out of a coma. 

Edited by jfrei

• HadIt.com Elder

yes I believe they rate the TBI's as to the severity of the damage caused 

the VA has a rating type criteria they use  and I think its

like Mild to moderate,  Mild to severe and Severe to profound severity  ...  something like that

especially when this event happens rather or not it knocks you out over a 30 minute period or longer  because more damage is done the longer your knock out from the blast or from what ever the trauma that occurred at the time.

It can be strange the way this works...like I had a good buddy of mine from Vietnam the VC had started their nightly harassment pounding down incoming mortar rounds on the compound,  he was out of the bunker and  a round hit just as he was diving into the Bunker and shrapnel went into the bottom of his feet through his boot sole into his feet  and he has bad headaches from this still today  but they say he don't have a TBI  because he was not actually knock out. 

We never thought about TBI's back then we were all just glad he was a live.

but I'm not exactly sure how to prov a TBI? & its severity I was reading about TBI's one day and my memory just ain't what it use to be anymore....so please do your research on this.

Edited by Buck52