VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

80/70

Rate this question

KAE

Question

Question 1. Why is it that I was told, that being 80%physical and 70% Mental, that I do NOT qualify for 100% P/T employable disability???

Question 2. That should I receive IU, that I can NOT own a business, regardless the fact that I will not be managing or participating in the day to day activities to run the business, but my name would be recorded as the owner???

NOTE: I am not functional without my med and even still I struggle with my multiple disabilities.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

even if you own a business, you are receiving income which probably puts you way over the threshold of $12,400 a year if you are under 65.

28 minutes ago, iceturkee said:

even if you own a business, you are receiving income which probably puts you way over the threshold of $12,400 a year if you are under 65.

So, this is true? I shouldn't do anything to risk benefits? Why, If I don't ever pay myself and doesn't business taxes file separate from personal???

What about the first question? Is that true? As of now it's speculating hypothetically, but what I heard doesn't seem like that would be true, right

also are the rules different between 100% & 100%, in regards to this. Say, I do end up rated 70% Mental; would that make me IU Rated????

Is there a way to protect a 100% rating and attempt to still be accomplished individual or I not try to try to learn how to trade also, because I run the risk of not being protected???

Edited by KAE

Research time for you.

Take a good long look at IU ratings and the discussions regarding Self-employment, Sheltered employment and Marginal Income based on the Median wage of people doing the same sort of job or employment in the community that you reside in. Check out the DRO Hearing Manual regarding IU Appeal Hearings, very informative.

If you can show that your Business's Net income has substantially been reduced because of your inability to participate due to your SC'd condition, an IU Denial can be avoided. You just need to Dot all the I's.

I used a VA Vocational Rehabilitation Denial Letter as supporting evidence that I couldn't just switch careers and find a "Sedentary" job that my PTSD wouldn't affect.

Semper Fi

6 minutes ago, Gastone said:

Research time for you.

Take a good long look at IU ratings and the discussions regarding Self-employment, Sheltered employment and Marginal Income based on the Median wage of people doing the same sort of job or employment in the community that you reside in. Check out the DRO Hearing Manual regarding IU Appeal Hearings, very informative.

If you can show that your Business's Net income has substantially been reduced because of your inability to participate due to your SC'd condition, an IU Denial can be avoided. You just need to Dot all the I's.

I used a VA Vocational Rehabilitation Denial Letter as supporting evidence that I couldn't just switch careers and find a "Sedentary" job that my PTSD wouldn't affect.

Semper Fi

I don't have it yet, but I want to try to do something to help myself in the future without the stress putting a potential 100% rating at risk. What if my ideas do not work???? I'd have to reapply and this process is horrible for me already. How will I be able to hold my own, if something fails??? :-(