VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Podcast and website HACKED!!

Rate this question

Meddac

Question

My website (vethelpcast.com) was hacked and the podcast show I have been doing was severely compromised over the weekend. It has all finally been shut down after working with the hosting companies this morning. I apologize to anyone that had been following along.

I am looking to revamp things and move forward, but I will continue on this forum until things are ready (when the wife let's me spend the money :biggrin:). I knew going in that there were risks of this happening, and I'm surprised it went as long as it did. Such is life I guess.

Just wanted to let everyone that listens know.

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

so sorry this happen , I had been listen to your shows, last thrusday evening I was listing to hadit blog talk radio show  and usually Jerrel or John  mentions that they have less than a minute before signing off...I think Jerrel had mention so many seconds left as they were in full conversation about a certain subject with this caller about her hubbys claim dor Hep-C...and all of a sudden  I was shut off  but the time slot may have run out, and then I listen to your blog an older blog of yours  telling about usin ght correct forms.

I do hope you get your blog poddcast radio show back up and running, I love the information you put out there.

Thanks again for all your shows and information and wisdom.

.........Buck

I'm also sorry to hear about this, appreciate your willingness to help us here at Hadit.

That is awful news!

There is a lot of phishing going on too, and I don't know how they do it but they get email addys and the entire contact lists and the phished person doesn't know it until they get complaints from people on their email list.

It has happened to 3 people I know.You can tell right away that it is not the way they write and there is a suspicious link in the email.

If you click on the link, your email is corrupted.

I don't know how you got hacked but I learned to never give out my email addy, particularly in any public format, like a internet radio show etc etc.

Meddac, I'm sorry that happened, you are a huge help to all veterans and we really appreciate the advice. Please don't let that discourage you, and don't give up!!