• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• Trouble Remembering? This helped me.

I have memory problems and as some of you may know I highly recommend Evernote and have for years. Though I've found that writing helps me remember more. I ran across Tom's videos on youtube, I'm a bit geeky and I also use an IPad so if you take notes on your IPad or you are thinking of going paperless check it out. I'm really happy with it, I use it with a program called Noteshelf 2.

Click here to purchase your digital journal. HadIt.com receives a commission on each purchase.

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sign in to follow this  
OCDMarine

80% Rating just received

Question

Hello Veterans.  I just received an increase from 40% to 80%.  I put my claim in December 2015.  My ratings are as follows:

20%: Lower Back Condition (continued)

70% Major depressive disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, obsessive compulsive personality disorder (ocpd claimed as anxiety, depression, and difficulty sleeping) (secondary to lower back condition)

10% Radiculopathy lower left extremity (secondary to lower back condition)

10% Radiculopathy lower right extremity (secondary to lower back condition)

10% Left knee strain (continued)

10% Right knee strain (continued)

I have a few questions I would like to ask.  1st.  Should I file for TDIU?  Would i qualify? (I have been out of work since August)?  I am unable to work due to my medical conditions.  2nd.  My Comp and Pen examiner did not use a Goniometer while checking the range of motion for my Spine and Knees.  I am very limited in my range of motion.  Should I file a inadequate comp and pension exam?  I just wanted some input and opinions from you guys if possible.  Thank you.

9 minutes ago, OCDMarine said:

Yes Berta.  The OWCP is only temporary, I receive OWCP for a non-service connected injury.  I am currently being paid by them as I receive treatments.  I dont know how to put my mental C and P exam on here, but the examiner said that my OCD/Depression/Anxiety greatly impacts my ability to work or sustain gainful employment, which it does.   Can I get an IMO from my primary care doctor out in town?  or should I ask my VA doctor?  They keep changing doctors on me at the VA and I currently have a PA, no an MD.

When I received my 70% disability, I immediately put in for unemployablility and received it within a month.  GO FOR IT

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OCDMarine said:

I think I will apply for TDIU.  My OCD is relentless even on medication..  So hard to leave the house on certain days.  I have been out of work since August on workers comp (not a service connected injury)   All the research i have done tells me that I can get TDIU for my service connected disabilities while collecting OWCP workers comp for a different non service connected condition.  Do you guys know have any information on this?  

Yes this is correct and the argument for my claim.  There is a choice to be made between OWCP and medical retirement. However you can qualify for two benefits for different injuries. There is an offset between SSI and OPM but we can discuss that later. You can be receiving concurrent benefits.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GARYLINN said:

When I received my 70% disability, I immediately put in for unemployablility and received it within a month.  GO FOR IT

Garylinn,  Did you submit a IMO when you applied for TDIU?  or did you just submit a Form 21-8940?  

Form 21-8940 for TDIU  (Box 20 asks do you receive workers comp? Altho I do yes, Its not for any of my service connected disabilities I guess I still must answer yes on this?)     (Box 18 asks Did you leave your last job because of your disability?) I left because I went out on Workers comp. My service connected disabilities became alot worse after that, so im not sure what Date to put for  (Box15 what date did you become too disabled to work?) It was back in November when my Depression/Anxiety/OCD became so bad I couldnt leave the house.....    I know this is confusing, any input would be great.  THX 

Keep in mind if youre service connected injuries were made worse by working there then indicate as such. Working certain jobs can aggravate them and there is a case there. It is difficult to keep them seperated but not impossible.  As long as you're truthfull and can back your claim by medical evidence and opinions then you have a firm foundation and can win.  I can attest this process is not easy in the least. JMO and experience.