VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

80% Rating just received

Rate this question

OCDMarine

Question

Hello Veterans.  I just received an increase from 40% to 80%.  I put my claim in December 2015.  My ratings are as follows:

20%: Lower Back Condition (continued)

70% Major depressive disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, obsessive compulsive personality disorder (ocpd claimed as anxiety, depression, and difficulty sleeping) (secondary to lower back condition)

10% Radiculopathy lower left extremity (secondary to lower back condition)

10% Radiculopathy lower right extremity (secondary to lower back condition)

10% Left knee strain (continued)

10% Right knee strain (continued)

I have a few questions I would like to ask.  1st.  Should I file for TDIU?  Would i qualify? (I have been out of work since August)?  I am unable to work due to my medical conditions.  2nd.  My Comp and Pen examiner did not use a Goniometer while checking the range of motion for my Spine and Knees.  I am very limited in my range of motion.  Should I file a inadequate comp and pension exam?  I just wanted some input and opinions from you guys if possible.  Thank you.

I agree, slow and steady.  Time is the main thing that hurts the most.  Time means usually going without income at a certain level.  But I remain patient.  Thanks.  

Unfortunately sometimes that is the case. 

I started under similar circumstances and I had many a concerns about my situation.  Trust me when I say that.  Keeping your wits about you and rationalizing things out will be in your best interest.   Hang in there it can be done. 

Listen you have the VA disability rating while it is not enough to live off of it is income.  Then you have the benefits that you are getting from the Department of Labor.  While difficult, you can make your situation work for you.

Your back is not going to get better, the best you can do is control the pain and keep from injuring your back any more than it is, working is going to hinder that and progressively make it worse.  Those are facts, while you can slow the process down and use caution, there will be a time that you are going to have to decide that you can not continue your line of work.  I tried changing careers, however, I did not have any luck pursuing that avenue.  I wrestled with coming to terms for many years and I regret not making different decisions sooner. Things could have and would have turned out differently I believe.  Pride, necessity and honestly all the conditions themselves made the process very difficult. It was hard to know what to do.  

You have already taken care of that part. Now the strategy is using the systems against themselves. Keep the injuries separated with the corresponding agencies as much as you can, the end game all your injuries/conditions will come into play later on when SS is involved.

OCDMarine, discuss these options and decisions with your spouse or partner, I cannot tell you how much easier things would have been and could have been for me had my partner helping me all along.  

I've shared some insights and hopefully you can use this information to make the right choices. I hope the best for you.