VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

You cannot give up

Rate this question

Cliche Magnet

Question

I've been reading a lot of posts throughout today and for several years now.  Many of you are getting tired, you are suffering and you are poor.  Some of you are even dying as a result of the VA's negligence and corruption.

Let me explain to you that I am just like you and I am suffering too.  I have been getting minimal assistance from the VA and it has led to me becoming very ill.  I am dying.  I weigh less than I did when I was in high school because I am so depressed and medical issues combined have led to me becoming a shade of the man I once was.  But I am here now typing to you in the aftermath of yet another VA denial letter.  I am suicidal and nothing anybody says or does can change that.  But I came to this forum and I saw other veterans are suffering too and that made me recommit to myself that I won't give up.  I have had no love life for several years now and women won't talk to me because I am poor, have nothing to offer, and one woman even called me "anorexic". (she doesn't understand my medical situation). But here I am, tired as hell but willing to type up yet another claim that will get denied by the VA.  I am not giving up.

So if I am not giving up, then neither can you.  That is an order.

5 answers to this question

Can you scan and attach their recent denial here...as to the Reasons and Basis Part and their evidence list?

Cover C file # Name, address prior to scanning it.

Cliche Magnet:

Hang in there...because at some point, I think we all get depressed and claims denials can add to that feeling. The entire disability application and processes can be frustrating -- to say the least. I personally live with a very high degree of physical  pain due to my military  injuries --everyday. I'm not a very patient person and the wait for my first claim and the time it took was difficult.  But, I've told myself that I have to stay above it an not let it get me down. I'm sorry for you personnel experience but the VA does really have some great folks that can help with depression-you just need to ask. You may want to reconsider giving the VA another chance to address you issues and make an appointment with someone at the VA as soon as possible for help with your depression? Like most Vets', I've also had some negative experiences with claims denials and wondered what were they thinking when they denied a certain part of my claims? I'm working on a NOD now and it's a lot of work but I decided not to take "no" as a final answer. But, the way I got around my major frustration  was to become better educated  thru this hadit.com  website. I think it's a matter of taking control of your own fate by learning the rules and regulations and how they apply to all of the contentions that one is claiming.   Frankly, people like Berta, who is offering her help here for you  is amazing and working with people like her will give you a fighting chance. Frankly, the key to success  is always to ensure that you have the proper evidence/nexus and the are ways to turn denials into approvals. My advice is to focus outwardly on getting your claims approved and stay away from any negatively. Also, on a personal note, I try to get out into the fresh air, take a walk as well as taking stock of the good things in my life. Also, just about everyone has their own issues and I think there is a perception sometimes that we are the only ones having issues. So, spend some time on this cite researching your issues, use the help that is available and use your energy in a positive way... 

Goodluck and Godspeed...Rootbeer22

Stay strong! Keep fighting. I am with you. My claim was denied last month. My main contention was for cancer that was denied service connection under presumptive  diseases occurring within one year of discharge because they stated that they had a DD 214 for my service (listed on a 5103 response letter as evidence received) when they did not....so it was denied. Was cancer free for 90 days and then it came back with a vengeance. Had the surgery AGAIN yesterday. I like you will keep fighting on!!!!

Zoomie:

Your post brought tears to my eyes...and please  make sure that you let the VA know your situation so they can speed you claim along. The doctor that did my Gulf War exam only spent 20 minutes for a 4 hour scheduled exam. Even though I was diagnosed with 4 of the 7 Key Gulf War disease symptoms. Later I found out from  others, that this doctor does that with everyone? So, I just keep plugging along and that's why I've had some success. 

Please keep me up to date about how you are doing....post surgery..

And I will never give up...

Goodspeed Rootbeer22