VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anybody use Chris Attig's material?

Rate this question

Andyman73

Question

Just wondering if any of you have used Chris Attig's material.  I subscribed to his emails, and I see the material on his website.  I'm so very tempted to become a paying subscriber, to get access to his material.  Anybody have success, and how much success did you have, using his materials? Thanks,

Andyman

Semper Fi

I bought his stuff, when I first started looking at VA disability again in September/October of last year.  It certainly is well put together and really focuses on the mechanics of doing things correctly.  I certainly could have found the stuff around the web overtime and have since then.  However, if you want to get primed quickly and have it conveniently all in one place, there is value there.

That being said processing VA claims takes months.  For me, I'd say it was worth the value.  However, I could easily see how someone would feel like they could just get that for free.

I'd summarize resources in this way:

1. Chris Attigs stuff -- for Newbees and the uninitiated.
2. Asknod's book -- for those with a bit of experience and understanding of the VA process.
3. Haditcom -- for everyone, but you have to do some reading and be committed to dig for information.  The more you read the better you'll get, it will grow with you all the time.

If you were only going to get one paid resource or were iffy, I'd start with item 2 personally.

I popped for a couple of Chris's e-manuals back in 11?12, after following his website since 10 or so. Great VA Claims/Appeal insight.

I particularly found his advice on using the "Sworn Affidavit as apposed to the VA Stmt In Support of Claim," very useful. The DRO at my 2014 Hearing seemed very impressed with is usage.

Vets with NOD's will find that VA Lawyer "Free Consults" (I had 3 of them, 2 x phone 1 face to face), don't come with discussions and Forms for a DIY Appeal. Intellectual Product = $$, right. With Chris Attig, you get a bit of a Free non-personal Legal Consult, then pay a fair price for the DIY What and How To's.

Semper Fi

Excellent question.  While I can see how it may benefit, Im not completely convince hadit members can not get similar stuff here.  Maybe we could hear from Chris the stuff he has on the pay part that isnt here.  And, hadit members could correct him if the same info was found here.  I hope he knows that many of us are living on little or nothing and some of us are going to the library just to get online.  Some hadit posters indicated they are homeless.   Personally, I have been on hadit about 9 years.  I may not have lost my home if I would have known about hadit first.  

1 hour ago, Gastone said:

I particularly found his advice on using the "Sworn Affidavit as apposed to the VA Stmt In Support of Claim," very useful. The DRO at my 2014 Hearing seemed very impressed with is usage.

Gastone:  What was useful about it?   By "Sworn" , do you mean you actually had your Affidavit notarized?

The material suggest that a sworn statement is better than a simple letter. He advises that a sworn statement saying, " I swear under penalty of perjury" is very strong. He does not require having the statement notarized 

• HadIt.com Elder

I like Chris Attig informaton  He makes things easy to understand and to the point

I'd go deer hunting with him any time.

..................Buck