VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Highly Perturbed Of C&P Exams

Rate this question

Prettypantha

Question

Hi Everyone!

This Is By Far Confusing To Me. How Does One Come Up With Less Than Likely...When The Evidence Is There? The Following Are Results From My C&P Examinations! Please Give Your Insights As To What You Think. Sorry For The Inconvenience, Had To Screenshot The Results. Thanks! 

So, Where I'm Very Confused Pertaining To Hysterectomy Is: I Gave The Examiner Multiple Documents Of My Uterine Fibroids, And She Had The Computer Screen Opened Where She Showed Me, Other Documents Of The Fibroids. But Yet, She Answered...Was The Veteran's VA Claim File Reviewed? She Said No! Also, The Rationale Portion Noted Fibroids Uterine/Recurrent Pelvic Cramps Were Documented While In Service. Duhhhh!!!

image.jpeg

image.png

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by Prettypantha

On 5/19/2016 at 4:53 PM, Prettypantha said:

Hi Everyone!

This Is By Far Confusing To Me. How Does One Come Up With Less Than Likely...When The Evidence Is There? The Following Are Results From My C&P Examinations! Please Give Your Insights As To What You Think. Sorry For The Inconvenience, Had To Screenshot The Results. Thanks! 

So, Where I'm Very Confused Pertaining To Hysterectomy Is: I Gave The Examiner Multiple Documents Of My Uterine Fibroids, And She Had The Computer Screen Opened Where She Showed Me, Other Documents Of The Fibroids. But Yet, She Answered...Was The Veteran's VA Claim File Reviewed? She Said No! Also, The Rationale Portion Noted Fibroids Uterine/Recurrent Pelvic Cramps Were Documented While In Service. Duhhhh!!!

image.jpeg

image.png

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Getting a negative C & P Exam from a VAMC, is a majority of the time trend. I have had several bad C & P Exams with the VAMC, even though the evidence was preponderance, and in favor of my claim. But when the VA sends me to a QTC doctor, which is a private doctor, same medical records, but different results, approved.

So from this point on, I get an IME and a IMO. Because, I don't believe this VAMC C&P Exams situation is going to change anytime soon. Yea, every now and then a Veteran will go through there and get  a positive exam. But the numbers are very low as far as a Veteran getting a positive C & P Exam at an VAMC, regardless of how much evidence you have in your medical records. I'm speaking from my experience and talking with hundreds of Veterans, and perhaps thousands online Veterans in Veterans groups!

Edited by Palma114

@Mark D Worthen PsyD Lol...too funny! Anyway, I will take your advice and begin searching for a new VSO. Like I said, this is all new to me and can use any information that will help. By the way, she probably was on crack???! She kept trying to show me the computer screen of different records about my claim, as if she needed my approval or something. This can only make you wonder about the competence of these examiners and how it seems to not matter to the VA. I can only imagine how hard and rigid its been for the veterans that have put up a good fight.

I'm just getting started and feel the need to throw the towel in from this episode...lol. I give many props to all whom hung in there for the duration and succeeded. I salute them!

@Palma114 Thank you for chiming in with such good advice! This definitely makes me feel not alone. WOW...can't help but to think that there's something wrong with that picture. Simply, because if that many C&P examinations are being denied, who checks the VA on these numbers? I really wonder what's the ratio of granted verses denials? If it's anything like the past news of how certain veterans are treated at these VAMC, one could surely have assumptions of their treatments in the administrative welfare pertaining to claims.

26 minutes ago, Prettypantha said:

@Mark D Worthen PsyD Lol...too funny! Anyway, I will take your advice and begin searching for a new VSO. Like I said, this is all new to me and can use any information that will help. By the way, she probably was on crack???! She kept trying to show me the computer screen of different records about my claim, as if she needed my approval or something. This can only make you wonder about the competence of these examiners and how it seems to not matter to the VA. I can only imagine how hard and rigid its been for the veterans that have put up a good fight.

I'm just getting started and feel the need to throw the towel in from this episode...lol. I give many props to all whom hung in there for the duration and succeeded. I salute them!

@Palma114 Thank you for chiming in with such good advice! This definitely makes me feel not alone. WOW...can't help but to think that there's something wrong with that picture. Simply, because if that many C&P examinations are being denied, who checks the VA on these numbers? I really wonder what's the ratio of granted verses denials? If it's anything like the past news of how certain veterans are treated at these VAMC, one could surely have assumptions of their treatments in the administrative welfare pertaining to claims.

Prettypantha,

you hit it right on the head, as long as the C & P Exams are in denials at these VAMC'S, I don't believe anybody within the VA system are going to check them. I do not know what the exact C & P Exam denial ratio is at these VAMC'S, but it is very high. These percentages do come out every year.

7 minutes ago, Palma114 said:

Prettypantha,

you hit it right on the head, as long as the C & P Exams are in denials at these VAMC'S, I don't believe anybody within the VA system are going to check them. I do not know what the exact C & P Exam denial ratio is at these VAMC'S, but it is very high. These percentages do come out every year.

@Palma114 Do you know where I can get this information from or who may be able to point me in that direction? Thanks!!!

Im in FLA too.  the C&P exams I went through also failed to accurately reflect my condition, even though it was detailed in no uncertain terms in my VA records.  They ignored a total of 9 separate exam's by qualified medical Pro's, to include neurologists and orthopedic surgeons that they claimed they had reviewed.

When they ignore facts that are contained in the records that they are obligated to review, and then cause damage to you by understating  your disability or denying service connection for a condition that obviously is, its basically falsification of medical records.  They like to let the PA's do this, because they have an excuse to get by with, that the examiner was not properly qualified or made mistakes.  The excuses dont cut it anymore.

10 hours ago, Prettypantha said:

@Palma114 Do you know where I can get this information from or who may be able to point me in that direction? Thanks!!!

Hadit.com that we are on is good. But I also go on VAWatchdog.org as well, it has a lot of information as well, if you do go to their web click on IMO/IME Medical Opinions/Exams, that's a good article.

Edited by Palma114