VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Getting My C-File

Rate this question

63Charlie

Question

Need to file a NOD on a recent Tinnitus claim denial.

Sent in a request, FOIA etc., for my C-file.

VA acknowledged receiving my request on Ebennies and shows a date of 2018 when I can expect them to make a decision as they have my request categorized as a new claim.

I was thinking I read where there are specific deadlines requiring the VA to meet my demand for the C-file.

Anyone know what the time frames are requiring the VA to comply?

Edited by 63Charlie

• HadIt.com Elder

If only the VA would do there  two parts  BETTER HEALTH CARE and APPROVE ALL CREDITABLE COMPENSATION CLAIMS. to the proper degree

Whats so hard about doing that?

In my opinion when a veteran as all the correct paperwork and medical evidence to support his/her claim  then VA should get off there high-horse & Rate that veteran according to his severity of his S.C Disability  and say Next!

Maybe some of us older veterans should apply for a VA Raters Job...yeah that would fix things..:smile:

jmo

..................................Buck

You got the right idea now, Buck!

Vync, they use that as their official tag line, but the end result is deny till they die.

John999, they would sing a whole different tune, Congress and Senate, if they and theirs were all Vets too. 

They should be treating us like heroes, holding us in high esteem, and everyone should be taught in kindergarten on up, that they should aspire to be Veterans.  "Starship Trooper" had the right idea, citizenship automatically accorded to Veterans.  Bet then the U.S. would be a whole different and better place.

On August 3, 2016 at 1:53 PM, EODCMC said:

Ha...mine just came up on e-benefits with an estimated date from 10/12/2018 - 04/22/20120. Crazy.

So, now mine says awaiting evidence, evidence request: supply proof of combat. So, I guess you have to have a combat V to get your c-file.

• HadIt.com Elder

EODCMC

I am not sure what your claim status is ?  but it seems like if you have a PTSD Claim going  they need your stressors from combat.

Records that show you were combat a CIB (DD-214) or records to show you were in enemy territory and in fear for your life   ect,,ect,,send in old unit morning reports, buddy statements.  Or any record to prove your military service where abouts.

As for as Requesting C-FILE those dates are only computer generated and will change from time to time...don't  count on these dates.

If you want to check the status of your C-file email this lady

MaryAnn.Wetzell@va,gov...she is one of the head managers at RMC in St Louis,Mo ... RMC (Records Management Center)

jmo

....................Buck

I haven't requested my C-File, but I did ask for my medical records.

It is a tough and long process.

I agree veterans should get a call and let them know what they need to get the claim approved.

However, no system is perfect.

• HadIt.com Elder

Fat   do you mean STR'S( Service treatment records)

you should be able to get most of your recent medical records from your local VAMC records release dept. 

it its STR'S  try email that MaryAnn...she should be able to help you get those. 

email her ask if she can help you with those..she will either help you get them or let you know what or who to contact.  she is at the NRPC Archives there in St Louis,Mo     aTt(Records Mangement Center)