VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just found out Prostate cancer

Rate this question

mojo13

Question

I just found out from my VA doctor that I have prostate cancer and because of my exposure to the spraying back in 66 and 67 I must get a byopsia to see the stage am in.   Am 70% IU but payed a 100%.  My question can I claim this medical problem even though I already at max pay???       Thanks any info greatly appreciated 

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Sorry to hear your bad VA diagnose's but they can get that  if your not to for into it?

KEEP GETTING TREATMENT AND MAYBE SURGERY!!

AS for as getting more comp  you bet you can  if your not SC For it yet?

If not you should file a claim on it  and it depends what they rate you on it if your 70% now  you would need another rating of 90% to bring your SC Ratings to 97% rounded off to be 100% and a possibly  to qualify you for SMC S1 Statutory H.B....even though your on the extra scheduler with the IU at 70% and getting paid at the 100%  you still must qualify for the SMC's usually this is a hard rating to get because of the IU AT 70%.

TO get up to the 100%  yes you will need additional S.C.Disability's to at least 90%

So if you have not filed a claim for the Prostate Cancer...File it tomorrow and any other contention you may have that are secondary/or aggervated by to any of your S.C disability's,  you should send in evidence with your Medical records and DD-214   And any STR's  but If you just now came down with it  get your VAMC Medical records...if you are a Vietnam vet   then this is a Presumptive  SC Disability= A.O.

I wish you the Best

...................Buck

Edited by Buck52

Yes.  Compensation does not "max out" at 100%, there are multiple levels of SMC above that.  

Prostate Cancer is curable.   My FIL had it and died of something else 30 years later.