VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P Exam Completed [Bad Vibe]

Rate this question

Cobra4v

Question

I had my exam done today for a request of an increase on my knees, shoulder, neck. The examiner evaluated my shoulder and I told her I have frequent flare ups that last for weeks at a time. Commonly, I roll out of bed with a frozen shoulder which relieves slightly along the day. On today's exam which was early in the morning, my shoulder just so happened to have a flare up. I was confident this was a good thing so the examiner could see how my shoulder was on most days. We did an exercise for a measurement placing my hand to my side and raising my arm vertically. Well, I wasn't able to raise it past my chest and stayed pretty much even to my waist line where I was in pain. I looked at the examiner and said, that's it, this is where i'm in a lot of pain. She said, Really?? Well I need you to keep moving it until you cant. I again did the exercise and raised my arm, trying to push through the pain but I wasn't able to raise it much more. 

Towards the end of the exam, she mentioned "most people" are able to lift their arm in that exercise. I don't know how to feel about this. I was kind of dumbfounded when she told me this. I feel as if she singled me out a little here.

There is a long history of my shoulder injuries in my file. All with ROM measurements and complaints about flare ups. I guess i'll have to wait and see what the outcome is. 

I'm not sure if this was the area of my evaluators profession.  Is there a way to evaluate the process if this is inaccurate? Can I contact the VA and speak to them about it and request another evaluation on my shoulder?

Edited by Cobra4v

Did the examiner use any type of measuring tools for your ROM?

Shoulder and Arm Limitation of Motion

Code 5201: If the arm cannot be raised to the side more than 25°, it is rated 40% for the dominant arm and 30% for the non-dominant arm. If it cannot be raised more than 45° from the side, it is rated 30% for the dominant arm and 20% for the non-dominant arm. If the arm can be raised to shoulder level (90°), then it is rated 20% for either arm.

Yes, she used a Ganiometer. 

Weird, I reviewed my last C&P exam which stated my ROM was less than 45 deg last time. But I was still provided the minimum rating of 10%.

My ebenefits says preparation for decision with a completion date of tomorrow the 27th. I feel that was very quick for a decision. 

Anxiety has officially set in.

Edited by Cobra4v