VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bells Palsy

Rate this question

MarineSSgt

Question

I have documented evidence in my service medical record that I had numerous episodes of Bells Palsy while I was in service and the VA denied the SC!!! Their reasoning is that I did not have any residual effects from the from the Bells Palsy episodes... WTF!!! How can I be denied for something that was CLEARLY evident in my medical records and is evident on the right side of my face as being a little bit droopy!!!  But, anyway I also filed a NOD in Feb 2015 to appeal the decision (still waiting on the VA) and I sought and got a medical exam for the condition. The neurologist performed the medical exam and he stated that the results of the neurology test does show that there is some residual effects still present from the Bells Palsy. Which is what I thought because you will never completely recover from paralysis on one side of the face and I don't know how the VA don't know that!

Will the VA SC me for based on the Neurology test or would I have to get a nexus letter from him to further substantiate my the bells palsy condition? Any information will be helpful in determining what my chances are with getting SC.

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet