VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question about NOD wait time after applying.

Rate this question

Wayne TX

Question

When you file a NOD how long does it generally take on the average to hear back from a DRO?. I filed a NOD form last week with Waco, TX. Regional Office and also asked for a DRO Hearing right up front to get that part out of the way without further delays asking me what kind of DRO I wanted...  Never done a NOD before so any input on average time frame of initial response is helpful.  Just curious. Wayne.

Edited by Wayne TX

Just now, DustyAO105 said:

I didn't ask for a hearing I just asked the DRO to review it and grant or I will start my appeal.

If you had asked for a DRO hearing you could have had the opportunity to be present and speak on your behalf this possibly saving you of years of waiting on appeals. 

A lot of Veteran's don't request the DRO hearing and some win and some don't but IMHO I would rather be present to allow the DRO to hear me  

Just an FYI. 

my iu nod dro is at 788 days now in florida st pete is messed up....voc rehab saying not feasible,,new qtc exam for inc saying severe added to nod dro,,smc a&a that a va pcp filled out waiting for nod dro to get done.....just more games with the va waiting,,waiting,,,waiting,,........

Wayne, your now at what, 17 months post NOD (DRO Hearing) 05/16 filing, right.

With a DRO Hearing, it all comes down to the number of Vet DRO Hearing requests are in the pile ahead of you. Not to mention any Vets that get a Hardship Advancement. I believe all DRO Hearing Appeals are kept at the Vet's RO, not assigned to other ROs.

You probably still have a year or 2 before you get the Hearing notification. Have you submitted all supportive New & Material Evidence? Don't wait and plan to hand deliver to the DRO, big mistake.

Do you know how many DRO Hearings are currently pending at your RO? Your RO's "Monday Morning Report" just show total number of Appeals pending, no break down as to DRO Reviews and Hearings.

A telephone call to your VSO HQ Office located at the Dallas RO might have the info, check it out. Have you discussed your "DRO" questions with your VSR? What's he have to say?

Surfing through the site, I came upon this thread. As I filed a NOD this past November for an increase in my 50% PTSD award and an earlier effective date. I'm wondering if anyone has updated information on how long it takes? I really don't know what RO my NOD is at, my case manager at attorney's office tells me that appeals are sent to many different locations, depending on workload now. It's my understanding the process has changed dramatically since Feb. On vets.gov it's telling me my appeal is with a DRO and will take anywhere from 10 to 22 months.