VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

It's A Start

Rate this topic

How is it that if I filed in 15 claiming disability and after time and time, going on Ebennie before the actual exams. They already had effective date 3/18/16? The cervical radiculopathy and adjustment disorder, I didn't have a C&P examination on those two. But, hysterectomy and foot was done by the same doctor on 5/11/16.

Good question!   Its called RO manipultion of the effective dates in order to hornswaggle Veterans.  They did it to me, also, and that is how I know.  

This is why they call it a hamster wheel.  

1.  You apply for benefits.  A couple years later, its denied.  You appeal.

2.  A couple years later, you get benefits on appeal, but lowball percentage.  You appeal. 

3.  Finally after 5-10 years you get your service connection, at the right percentage, but the wrong effective date.  You appeal the effective date.  

4.  For me, I have been fighting 14 years, and won most of my benefits, except SMC, and the effective date.  

5.  I hired an attorney.  Wish I would have done it earlier.  Alex got his effective date back to 1994, and his retro check would choke a horse.  

Edited by broncovet

Mercy!!! It's so sad how they finagle us, the veterans and all that's rightfully due to us. I hope you receive your due and everything else that you're not only entitled, but deserve!

Pink Kitty,

I think, now, you are starting to see the "light", lol.

Did you claim the bunions at the same time as the flat feet? You have SMR entries for the bunions, right? If so, you should see if the rating chart shows what or how they would be compounded/combined to your pes planus and see if it puts you in the 50% range. And if not, then, file that NOD and state specifically that your bunions should be 10% each. Now, that catch to this is...ROM(range of motion), or visible arthritis on X-rays.

BUT....don't dispair, you DO have hope, here, since they did SC your bunions, at 0%, they are already acknowledged by the VA.  So, if you want to take a mental health break, you can always file for increase for those bad boys(oops, bad girls!).

As for "choking a horse" that's always a good thing, if it makes your wallet heavier!

I love these cross trained VA docs, don't you!?!  A gyno who also does feet, who knew???

Semper Fi

Andy

Hiya @Andyman73,

I had the opportunity to look over the rating chart. In my opinion, if I get the bunions removed, they'll be 10% each. Had a X-ray done during the C&P exam (no Arthur!) In my SMR, there is notation when I went on sick-call after a long, arduous road march and the tech wrote down that I had two enormous bumps sticking from my feet...lol. Although, they did show up on the X-ray. I was so confused when she examined me, I was like - a gyno during my feet??? This was a first! Most times, they would do from shoulder to thigh (if you get my drift) lol. Sometimes they hurt soooo bad, I think they're twins (boy and girl)...lol. You are too funny! We have to insert a little humor now and then! It's not good to stay mad all the time! We get mad at the doctors, VA, examiners and the pain. We might as well come to this platform with a smile or at least, attempt to smile. There's no need to take it out on Hadit, after all, they're here to help!

Pretty(pink kitty)pantha,

I think you certainly need to appeal that claim, no doubt, since a podiatrist did not look at your feet(can you imagine that one checking out your "non-foot" body parts!?! It would be fairly self explanatory, to question the credentials of the examiner, a gyno, looking at your feet.  File that NOD asap, if you haven't already, please.

I had a C&P exam last year, for foot issues....examiner was...a podiatrist! But I had to file for EED, since I had same done back in '06 that went undecided. And that exam had the same results and a few other non-gyno related foot issues.

I'm either getting a bunion on my R foot, or Arthur is moving in, not sure. Is there a difference?

We can vent here, as long as Hadit isn't the target, since Hadit is our saving grace, thanks to the wonderful Tbird.

Andy

Semper Fi

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use