VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

V.a Regional Office Visit

Rate this question

Cavman

Question

When I go to just drop off an envelope of evidence and have to sit for an hour while watching people sit there and nod or get up to go piss and forget to use their cane something is wrong. Something is also wrong when I look down the hall in the offices and see newspapers being read the whole time I`m there. Something is also wrong when I have my evidence so well put together with the file number on every piece and I can`t make the lunch fill in counter person understand what I am doing there. God only knows if the envelope will ever find its way to my file. Kind of goes along with the pattern of every government office.

Cavman

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Guest HolliGreen

Cavman. I could not agree with you more. When I worked (at a federal job on a local federal institution) there was a gal who actually slept at her desk...and in such an inventive way: she would drop her head to her chest. She eventually moved on to a position at the local V.A. Clinic !!! Frontline position greeting patients, it is just too much.

• HadIt.com Elder

I suggest you never "just drop an envelope of evidence." Always, request that they time and date stamp it received and give you a copy. jmo

pr

When I go to just drop off an envelope of evidence and have to sit for an hour while watching people sit there and nod or get up to go piss and forget to use their cane something is wrong. Something is also wrong when I look down the hall in the offices and see newspapers being read the whole time I`m there. Something is also wrong when I have my evidence so well put together with the file number on every piece and I can`t make the lunch fill in counter person understand what I am doing there. God only knows if the envelope will ever find its way to my file. Kind of goes along with the pattern of every government office.

Cavman

• HadIt.com Elder

Phil

I agree 100% with getting a date stamped copy of all evidence you give to the VA. Otherwise these goofballs will lose it going from the front desk to the back room. When I have any important evidence I drive the miles to the RO and get date stamped copies. The VA has lost every single piece of evidence I ever gave them at least once. They lose claims, evidence, forms you name it. The VA will even contest certified mail and squack about what was actually in the letter after signing for return receipt.

• HadIt.com Elder

Army1968,

I will tell you my little story, everytime I called to see my c- file the counselors always told me that it was in a place that would slow it down. Sure!

I finally got so fed up with all of that, I called and told one of the counselors by the name of Vince, that I would be there in one hour and that I would see my file.

When I arrived, the first lady said to me, " I told you that your file was with the rater and that you couldn't see your file, that it would slow it down".

I told her no problem with that one, Now tell Vince that I am here now to see my file.

Sure enough Vince went and got my file and was so kind that he was willing to give me 10 copies of anything that I wanted out of the file.

After about three trips of doing this, I innocently walked out with all of my private medical records that I had given them in 1978.

The Va. is so dumb that they never did catch on to what I was doing.

They figured that I didn't have a chance in H--- in winning anyway.

Shortly thereafter, then I wrote to the St. Louis Archives and acquired the lost psychiatric records that are new and material and never acquired by the Va.

Now, I have everything that I needed to beat them at their own game and this I hope to do very shortly with the AMC.

I would suggest that you take back everything that you have given the Va and get it date stamped.

Do not fall for their lame brain excuses as to why you cannot see your file.

Good luck for you have everything it takes to win this one!!

Always,

Josephine