VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sleep Apnea &VA Dr's

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Most of us know that OSA or Sleep Apnea  can be caused from PTSD

and could be a secondary claim.

Why is it so hard for the VA Dr's to opine this for the Veteran?

I ask my M.H. Phyistrist about it...when she ask me if I had any questions  I ask her about

My VA Sleep Apnea Diagnose/and prescribe a C-PAP to use

I ask her if my Sleep Apnea d/x from VA SLEEP CLINIC could cause or could it be a secondary effect from my PTSD & The PTSD Meds I take?

her response was  '' I'm not at liberty to comment on that statement''  I thought.....WTF?

She is a licenses Phyistrist  With a PHD Degree hanging in her office. she is the one that prescribes my PTSD Meds  she is the one I count on to help me with my PTSD &of course the weekly therapy I receive from a VA Therapist L.V.A.S.W.

Anyway then she proceeded to say if your referring to a compensation claim  you need to get with the DAV Downstaris...

Anybody ever had this problem  getting an opinion from your VA MH Doc?

What is it with these Dr's?

..............Buck

4 hours ago, Buck52 said:

Palma114

Have you recieved a decison on your S.A.?

I understand they rate it at 50%

I am in the honey pot with my ratings at SMC S Level ,no more comp for me unless I loss both arms  or both legs, or become a vegetable and have to be feed and wiped...which if I ever get that way  I hope go to the other side....I won't need their comp.

but my spouse will so my reason to get my S.A. Service Connected. (DIC Benefit's)

..............................ArNG11....................................I totally agree with you..you hit the nail right on buddy.

......................Buck

No, I have not received a decision yet.

• HadIt.com Elder

PALMA114 

Hopefully you will hear something good soon!

I went to see my VA- M.H  Phyistrist Thursday  and this morning I check myhealthyvet notes   she never mention it when I ask her if my PTSD could aggravate my OSA.Sleep Apnea or my PTSD Meds? nothing on that conversation during my appointment time with her.

she just said no they won't have any effect on my PTSD.  but she never even mention that in my Notes.

just her routine report and  a meds FU.

I never mention a S.A.Claim to her.

she just no help at all. eh!

Just have to save up for that IMO/IME

....................Buck

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 11:17 AM, Buck52 said:

Most of us know that OSA or Sleep Apnea  can be caused from PTSD

and could be a secondary claim.

Why is it so hard for the VA Dr's to opine this for the Veteran?

I ask my M.H. Phyistrist about it...when she ask me if I had any questions  I ask her about

My VA Sleep Apnea Diagnose/and prescribe a C-PAP to use

I ask her if my Sleep Apnea d/x from VA SLEEP CLINIC could cause or could it be a secondary effect from my PTSD & The PTSD Meds I take?

her response was  '' I'm not at liberty to comment on that statement''  I thought.....WTF?

She is a licenses Phyistrist  With a PHD Degree hanging in her office. she is the one that prescribes my PTSD Meds  she is the one I count on to help me with my PTSD &of course the weekly therapy I receive from a VA Therapist L.V.A.S.W.

Anyway then she proceeded to say if your referring to a compensation claim  you need to get with the DAV Downstaris...

Anybody ever had this problem  getting an opinion from your VA MH Doc?

What is it with these Dr's?

..............Buck

I am LMAO because this is what my provider tole me too. I think they are train to respond to ? like this. My doctor looked at me crazy and then proceeded to continue talking about ...Not that!. Wow just imaging what would have happen if we asked for a questioner.