VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question

Please, welcome new VET2VET podcast episode:

https://youtu.be/waV5t0HPtbM

Today we are joined by Thomas Wendel, DAV National area supervisor for West Cost Region.
Thomas E. Wendel served in the U. S. Marine Corps from 1983 until 1997.
Since 1999, Tom has worked assisting veterans in processing various entitlement claims on the local, state and federal levels; first in Clare County as a county service officer and then when he came to work for the Disabled American Veterans in 2000. In 2008 he was promoted to the position of supervisor of the DAV Service Office in Detroit and later he was promoted to the position of supervisor of the DAV National area for West Cost Region.
DAV is America’s largest, most effective veterans service organizations dedicated to the needs of those injured, ill or wounded in service. We have more than 1,300 Chapters in communities nationwide to help make sure veterans from all generations and their families get the benefits and support they deserve. Today, nearly 1.3 million veterans belong to DAV, and we encourage you to add your voice to the cause. Our programs and free services help all veterans get the health, disability and financial benefits they earned. Take advantage of our benefits claims assistance, medical transportation and employment resources. Your local DAV Chapter is a great way to connect with fellow veterans in your area.

★ JOIN US IN OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU AND OUR FELLOW VETERANS ★
▶ facebook.com/VETOVET2
▶ itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/vet2vet/id1077206523?mt=2
▶ twitter.com/VETOVET2
▶ youtube.com/c/VETOVET2
▶ plus.google.com/u/0/+VETOVET2
▶ goo.gl/app/playmusic?ibi=com.google.PlayMusic&isi=691797987&ius=googleplaymusic&link=https://play.google.com/music/m/Iiqawbuzg7eviiyqm6xz7kju62m?t%3DVET2VET
▶ feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:198832065/sounds.rss
▶ soundcloud.com/vet2vet
▶ stitcher.com/s?fid=80842&refid=stpr

★ LIMITED LIABILITY CLAUSE ★

THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE THROUGH THE VET2VET MAY INCLUDE INACCURACIES OR ERRORS. CHANGES ARE PERIODICALLY ADDED TO THE INFORMATION HEREIN. VET2VET MAY MAKE IMPROVEMENTS AND/OR CHANGES OF THE CONTENT AT ANY TIME. ADVICE RECEIVED VIA VET2VET SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON FOR PERSONAL, MEDICAL, LEGAL OR FINANCIAL DECISIONS AND YOU SHOULD CONSULT AN APPROPRIATE PROFESSIONAL FOR SPECIFIC ADVICE TAILORED TO YOUR SITUATION.

IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH ANY PORTION OF VET2VET, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE CONSULTING VET2VET.

Edited by VETOVET

3 hours ago, Andyman73 said:

I did think it interesting, that on their website, they did not list the phone for my local chapter...which is only 5 or so miles from my house! And when I called their regional office, they didn't have the local rep call me back, someone from the main office(70 miles away)did.  Even the rep at my VAMC(only 18 miles away) is closer, and didn't call me back either.

I guess you have to be a dues paying member to get their honest help.

There is no wonder we are in a mess. The VA keeps hiring and it takes twice as long. Figure that out. Some are great and some just take up space. I would call them at least once a day, every day, and ask what has been done today, and call the 1-800-827-1000 everyday, if you can get through. Good luck.

Victor Ray

1 hour ago, Buck52 said:

I don't mean to put anyone down at the DAV  some are good people but there few and far between   this is just my experience with them.

Andyman

In case you didn't know?

you might want to look on ebenny's and check to see if they still have DAV as your Rep?

From what was said here on hadit a few years ago or so    it is hard to have your POA Revoked ..and you need to get confirmation that it is.

Even when you submit the to the VA and request you want the DAV Rep Revoked from your POA..they ignore the request.

However  if a Veterans seeks an Accredited VA Attorney  then the Attorney becomes the veterans POA  especially so at the BVA.

& new Rep and the DAV is OUT.

....Buck

Hide contents

FB_US_250x250-1.jpg

Buck.

I revoked DAVs representation, and they told the VA to screw me more or less, and they did. A couple days after I revoked their POA I got a decision on my "reconsideration" and it was "0". They told the VA to "Please take action to consider the following: Veteran formally revokes DAV representation". They ask that "the appropriate development be completed as soon as possible." and the VA did---"0". They sent this letter to the VA regarding benefits administered to me from the Dept. of Veterans Affairs. I got "0". Thanks to the lying DAV.

image.jpeg

Edited by Victor Ray

3 hours ago, Andyman73 said:

I did think it interesting, that on their website, they did not list the phone for my local chapter...which is only 5 or so miles from my house! And when I called their regional office, they didn't have the local rep call me back, someone from the main office(70 miles away)did.  Even the rep at my VAMC(only 18 miles away) is closer, and didn't call me back either.

I guess you have to be a dues paying member to get their honest help.

There is no wonder we are in a mess. The VA keeps hiring and it takes twice as long. Figure that out. Some are great and some just take up space. I would call them at least once a day, every day, and ask what has been done today, and call the 1-800-827-1000 everyday, if you can get through. Good luck.

Victor Ray

image.jpeg

They took action and the third day was "0" increase. That was low down and dirty of DAV! To ask the VA to take action regarding benefites administered to me by the Dept of Veterans Affairs, because I had got rid of them, and to complete it as soon as possible. The VA did too.

i took English in high school all years, and know how to dissect sentences to get the real meaning from them. DAV caused me to lose benefits, at least for now. Maybe I should call an attorney and visit him with this letter. 

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, Andyman73 said:

Thanks, Buck, I keep forgetting to check ebennies to see if they've been removed.

Victor Ray,

Is there no end to what lengths people or groups will go to, to take advantage of, or even screw over, the Vets of this country???

Bet they got that claim fixed because it was the one mentioned in that article.

Semper Fi

No there isn't.

you have to prove when they are lying to get your deserved benefits, then you have to prove they are right to get your benefits. You are a loser either way. The evidence before them seems to matter very little, depending on what the VSOs want you to have. I think the more they screw you out of, the more they get. I really do! What a pity.

8 hours ago, silverdollar22 said:

I also have had a bad taste left in my mouth from the DAV.  Back in 2011 i submitted a claim with the help from a member of the DAV who's office is in the VA hospital. This man told me that they call him MR 100% and he would help me get my claim thru.  This idiot told me to claim arthritis all over my body after i told him i had joint pain.  This in itself made me look like i was trying to get something over on the VA. He also told me to claim TBI because of my auto accident.  Then to cap it off he wanted me to meet him at applebee's so we could go over my documents and had me buy him drinks and then tried to get me to sign up with him and his wife in a pyramid scheme.  I should have went back and done something about this guy but i just dumped the DAV and after i was denied for all of my claims i found HADIT and did my claims myself and was awarded 80%.  DAV my big ole butt!!!!    

Silverdollar.

There is an angle they are working. I remember a friend that worked on salary and commission. He got a salarynthat I wouldn't accept. I'm not a salesman anyway, but comparing paycheck to paycheck, he made Four time my and I was doing ok myself. Too much to get VA treatment. Of course the receptionists just liiiieeeeee, lie, lie. It takes 14 to get 1 reliable answer. 

You get what you pay for I guess. I think I need a lawyer, before they lowball me again. A VSO is free, and you get 100%, but 80%of 20 million is much more than 100% of 100K.

good luck to you.

Victor Ray

Buck,

I went on ebennies like you said, saw the DAV still listed as my rep.  So I sent an IRIS complaint testifying to that fact, and asked them to rectify that situation ASAP. So, we'll see what happens.

Semper Fi