VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question

Please, welcome new VET2VET podcast episode:

https://youtu.be/waV5t0HPtbM

Today we are joined by Thomas Wendel, DAV National area supervisor for West Cost Region.
Thomas E. Wendel served in the U. S. Marine Corps from 1983 until 1997.
Since 1999, Tom has worked assisting veterans in processing various entitlement claims on the local, state and federal levels; first in Clare County as a county service officer and then when he came to work for the Disabled American Veterans in 2000. In 2008 he was promoted to the position of supervisor of the DAV Service Office in Detroit and later he was promoted to the position of supervisor of the DAV National area for West Cost Region.
DAV is America’s largest, most effective veterans service organizations dedicated to the needs of those injured, ill or wounded in service. We have more than 1,300 Chapters in communities nationwide to help make sure veterans from all generations and their families get the benefits and support they deserve. Today, nearly 1.3 million veterans belong to DAV, and we encourage you to add your voice to the cause. Our programs and free services help all veterans get the health, disability and financial benefits they earned. Take advantage of our benefits claims assistance, medical transportation and employment resources. Your local DAV Chapter is a great way to connect with fellow veterans in your area.

★ JOIN US IN OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU AND OUR FELLOW VETERANS ★
▶ facebook.com/VETOVET2
▶ itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/vet2vet/id1077206523?mt=2
▶ twitter.com/VETOVET2
▶ youtube.com/c/VETOVET2
▶ plus.google.com/u/0/+VETOVET2
▶ goo.gl/app/playmusic?ibi=com.google.PlayMusic&isi=691797987&ius=googleplaymusic&link=https://play.google.com/music/m/Iiqawbuzg7eviiyqm6xz7kju62m?t%3DVET2VET
▶ feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:198832065/sounds.rss
▶ soundcloud.com/vet2vet
▶ stitcher.com/s?fid=80842&refid=stpr

★ LIMITED LIABILITY CLAUSE ★

THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE THROUGH THE VET2VET MAY INCLUDE INACCURACIES OR ERRORS. CHANGES ARE PERIODICALLY ADDED TO THE INFORMATION HEREIN. VET2VET MAY MAKE IMPROVEMENTS AND/OR CHANGES OF THE CONTENT AT ANY TIME. ADVICE RECEIVED VIA VET2VET SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON FOR PERSONAL, MEDICAL, LEGAL OR FINANCIAL DECISIONS AND YOU SHOULD CONSULT AN APPROPRIATE PROFESSIONAL FOR SPECIFIC ADVICE TAILORED TO YOUR SITUATION.

IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH ANY PORTION OF VET2VET, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE CONSULTING VET2VET.

Edited by VETOVET

Andyman73 

Good Luck. You have to do what your gut tells you to do because the brain is too easily persuaded. I never did get a good feeling about DAV and  The only thing they did was file a few papers and record requests. Now they denied i filed requests through them, lol. I have the receipts. But what started it was the delay in even filing the claim. I had to refile, so they destroyed the first copy before it got to the VA.

there is so much sneaky stuff going on, that you need to check everything everyday, and only 1 in about 30 VA employees will know what they are doing. They are under pressure to churn out claims, so they do, right or wrong, and they make a massive amount of mistakes. It is all designed to get it right, or delay unail they have scrutinized your claim and found a t that wasn't crossed. Of course, thousands clog the system everyday with bogus claims also, and those have to be investigated as though they were actually a good claim.

Then there are good claims, that some rater boggled up in an earlier decision, and it takes months and months and 53 different steps, looked at by 53  different sets of eyes, until they all feel good about giving you the benefits you were promised. The office of red tape finally awards the claim, but we are dead. Now, it starts over again for the survivors in order to get what they should have had decades ago. 

If you use a different VSO have them initial every piece of paper they give you, every piece,  Because they will lie to see their job. Best of luck.

Victor Ray

Me and An agent orange examiner disagreed over a couple words and he refused to enter my evidence into the file Or claim.  My surgeons report said the indication is CAD.  He argued that the report did not say it was CAD,  so he didn't put it in his report.  This was at the Kansas City VA Hospital and the guy is a liar and a snake and should be fired. 

On June 1, 2016 at 8:27 PM, VETOVET said:

Please, welcome new VET2VET podcast episode:

https://youtu.be/waV5t0HPtbM

Today we are joined by Thomas Wendel, DAV National area supervisor for West Cost Region.
Thomas E. Wendel served in the U. S. Marine Corps from 1983 until 1997.
Since 1999, Tom has worked assisting veterans in processing various entitlement claims on the local, state and federal levels; first in Clare County as a county service officer and then when he came to work for the Disabled American Veterans in 2000. In 2008 he was promoted to the position of supervisor of the DAV Service Office in Detroit and later he was promoted to the position of supervisor of the DAV National area for West Cost Region.
DAV is America’s largest, most effective veterans service organizations dedicated to the needs of those injured, ill or wounded in service. We have more than 1,300 Chapters in communities nationwide to help make sure veterans from all generations and their families get the benefits and support they deserve. Today, nearly 1.3 million veterans belong to DAV, and we encourage you to add your voice to the cause. Our programs and free services help all veterans get the health, disability and financial benefits they earned. Take advantage of our benefits claims assistance, medical transportation and employment resources. Your local DAV Chapter is a great way to connect with fellow veterans in your area.

★ JOIN US IN OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU AND OUR FELLOW VETERANS ★
▶ facebook.com/VETOVET2
▶ itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/vet2vet/id1077206523?mt=2
▶ twitter.com/VETOVET2
▶ youtube.com/c/VETOVET2
▶ plus.google.com/u/0/+VETOVET2
▶ goo.gl/app/playmusic?ibi=com.google.PlayMusic&isi=691797987&ius=googleplaymusic&link=https://play.google.com/music/m/Iiqawbuzg7eviiyqm6xz7kju62m?t%3DVET2VET
▶ feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:198832065/sounds.rss
▶ soundcloud.com/vet2vet
▶ stitcher.com/s?fid=80842&refid=stpr

★ LIMITED LIABILITY CLAUSE ★

THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE THROUGH THE VET2VET MAY INCLUDE INACCURACIES OR ERRORS. CHANGES ARE PERIODICALLY ADDED TO THE INFORMATION HEREIN. VET2VET MAY MAKE IMPROVEMENTS AND/OR CHANGES OF THE CONTENT AT ANY TIME. ADVICE RECEIVED VIA VET2VET SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON FOR PERSONAL, MEDICAL, LEGAL OR FINANCIAL DECISIONS AND YOU SHOULD CONSULT AN APPROPRIATE PROFESSIONAL FOR SPECIFIC ADVICE TAILORED TO YOUR SITUATION.

IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH ANY PORTION OF VET2VET, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE CONSULTING VET2VET.

1440x1440.png

Wher are you from Joe and Costa? I recognize the accent, but can't quite place it. Where did you guys serve? Are you with DAV? I read about Tom, but haven't met you yet!  Thanks

Hi guys, ufff, DAV... hot topic for some of you.

First of all, educate yourself with our podcast or this website. It will help you while dealing with any VSO organization or VA. Its difficult and confusing sometimes for myself. I'm sorry to hear about your issues with DAV and I can not make any comments until I investigate it further... I can probably put you in contact with Tom.

Myself, I have had difficult times with my claim and as a result we decided to do this podcast, so other vets would be more knowledgeable on some issues.

Second, if any of you are willing to switch from one VSO organization to another, here in LA, let me know through Facebook, since I frequently check it.

Third, please share your stories online so we can all help each other.

to Victor: myself I'm originally from Eastern Europe, Joe is from CA.

thank you, guys!

Costa

Thanks Costa.

i didn't recognize the accent, but I was right. My ancestors are from that area too, Italy, Scandinavia, England Ireland. Glad to meet you.

I would switch, but the distance stops it from happening. I was more or less threatened for talking to the VA, but I would not have if DAV would have filed my claim.  They talked me out of filing in March all the way to July to wait for my STR's.  Why could I not file in March while waiting for my records.?  and then I had to refile in November?  what was the reason for me losing eight months on that claim? I believe they were told to stall me and put me off because they knew they screwed up in 1971,  and were thinking I may pass away before they had to pay.  I don't think it's possible to change my opinion,  because looking at the big picture and knowing how corrupt the VA has been points to one conclusion only.  I like secretary Bob McDonald but he has to answer to the corrupt bosses or else.

Also, DAV did not want me talking to the VA at all,  and warned me about it in  hey threatening tone of voice.  are they the mafia or just talk like they do?  Isn't the VA the veteran and the veterans representative supposed to communicate,  to resolve issues for both the parties?  Did I not read that , that the VSO  brings the two together for a fair and honest decision and compensation.

laziness on the VAs part  cost me 45 years of benefits that were denied by not having any facts before making a hasty decision.  The Nashville the VARO denied my claims on June 23 and the records left Headed Their Way, June 24th. The VA denied my claim based on one document only that I have a new have.  this was before Beverly NEHMER, and it should have been ME vs the  department of veterans affairs but when you can't get the records from them you can't possibly win. I developed at least two or three presumptive conditions while on active duty in Vietnam or the USA after Vietnam. My claim was for systemic residuals due to agent orange exposure and eczema because that's what doctors were calling it half the time, and I could not get the STRs to prove anything. 

I am pretty sure they are going to play me for stupid,  and lowball me with a terrible number,  and I can only hope they don't insult me too bad considering they took my life. 

thanks for being nice guys Costa and Tom.  I have watched your YouTube videos and appreciate them.  good luck to you and thanks for helping our veterans.

Victor.

Victor,

I don't think I will be able to trust another VSO group, after the DAV told the VA to deny all my claims even before the claims got to the VARO.  That wasn't just some bit of stonewalling and procrastination, but outright treasonous action and a major conflict of interest.

Andy

Andyman73,

I wouldn't either. There is too much at stake and it is not their money or benefits that could be bartered away, and they do barter. They would throw out my claim for 100 or more other claims at 10% rating for PTSD, as an example. They always sacrifice 1 large claim for a bunch of smaller claims and it gets the word out how great they are doing, except to that one family they sacrificed.

They are waiting me out because they should have medically discharged me in 1971, but they didn't. The neanderthal attitude "I will show you by God" sent the orders down to retain me, sending me 7 or 800 miles away for a medical board, with no intention of separating me from service. It should have been held locally.

I am supposed to have a DRO, in the future, but I look for the officer to insult my intelligence, because that is what he does for a living, and is educated in the ways of screwing over vets. I hope I am just being pessimistic, but I am afraid I am right. Do what feels right to you Andyman. Your mind knows the truth. Best of luck.