VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Denied

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

The crazy one here, I will not go into any personal rant about how screwed up VA is. I will just say that VA will deny any and all claims they choose regardless of the evidence until the veteran appeal their (VA) decision.  It is always best to file a NOD than to file a CUE claim but if you have the evidence and you have gone beyond the time of filing a NOD then definitely file a CUE claim and get a qualified attorney.  IMHO (IN MY HUMBLE OPINION) a veteran is a better advocate than a VSO but a veteran does need some assistance with getting through VAs' red tape if s/he is not familiar with it. Keep in mind that VA make decisions because they are in the position and have the power to do so. Getting angry/Yelling at them/Cursing them or even Correcting them can cause retaliations that could cause problems in the veterans claims. VA can be very vindictive and it is the veterans livelihood that suffers.  Just passing the word on. Never Give Up.

P.S. We have not mentioned it in a while but there are VSOs and VA personnel lurking around these boards and with any good thing there is always bad things in there mitts.

Vets:

In my own experience, it's about the "luck of the draw" and whom you get to do your CP Exam and review the final results. Generally, the raters go by what they see on the report in most cases and that's up to the CP Doc. One issue that I'm seeing now is that if you have hand-written smr's there is a higher likelihood that they will not be seen or considered? I've been told that they go back and check everything but most of my issues that were denied, the evidence was in the handwritten SMRs.  There's also another theory and that's that if your most important case information is not listed within the first 1 to 5 pages of review that it may not be seen and you are therefore denied? I think this has a lot to do with the raters being very busy with heavy case loads and it appears that some are Vet friendly while others are not and Hench..."The luck of the Draw".  So, pete992keep plugging along and hopefully, you with get your just reward on this....

Good Luck and Godspeed Rootbeer22

16 hours ago, OldJoe said:

Andyman73, it sounds like things are finally working out.  Hope I am just as successful.

I know it will take time and I have to be patient.

If by working out, you mean 3-4 years of waiting for my NODs to play out, then yes, they are "finally working out"! Lol!

• HadIt.com Elder

Well all I can say is that if a veteran finally wins after 20 years  if he is awarded 100%  just look at all that retro, usually he can go find a nice home to buy and pay for it a nice new car...things that the veteran needed 20 years ago or now at his feet...think of it as being much wiser and start enjoying your life to the fullest.

6 hours ago, Andyman73 said:

If by working out, you mean 3-4 years of waiting for my NODs to play out, then yes, they are "finally working out"! Lol!

You will not hear any disagreement from anyone here.  And it is ridiculous that we vets have to measure our progress and success in terms of years not as expedient and "non-adversarial" as they claim it is supposed to be.

I think that is part of the greatest support that sites like this give.  That we support each other while they force us to reenact the Bataan march.  Sadly, like in the real one, many of our brothers and sisters won't see it to the end.  But we need to encourage new people and each other each and every time someone comes close to hitting a low point in the whole process.

If this is like waiting in a line for a ride at Disney Land then why do I feel like the attendants are carrying Arisaka rifles with bayonets affixed.

3 hours ago, OldJoe said:

If this is like waiting in a line for a ride at Disney Land then why do I feel like the attendants are carrying Arisaka rifles with bayonets affixed.

What's the ride..."Bridge over the river Kwia(Not sure of name) death race?"