VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rating increased to 50%

Rate this question

Tazinhawaii

Question

So the VA just awarded my claim for GERD at 10% which increased my overall to 50%.  I'm retired Navy so this means the Gov't will stop robbing my retired pay, YEAH!!  But I'm confused on how far back my back pay will be.  I submitted my intent to file via e-benifits in August 2015.  I didn't actually file the claim until 3/2/2016.  The disabilities page in e-benefits states the award date is 3/2/2016.  I thought the idea of submitting the intent to file was to establish an earlier filing date.  I did the FDC claim as well.  I haven't gotten my letter yet from the VA.  But should I get back pay to Aug 2015??  Or only March 2016?

I've spent the last hour searching for answers, but haven't found them.

Thank you,

Derrick

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks.  Yes, the lady said I can still file another NOD within a year if I don't get an answer or don't like the answer.  So I'll let the reconsideration go until probably next spring and then file the NOD instead.  I hope it's quicker than an appeal.  I have an appeal for another issue from August still waiting on DRO review.