Sponsored Ads

• Latest Donations

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
IraqVet2011

Letter from Rep Recieved, I'm granted, now what?

Question

On my Ebenefits account, it shows that my appeal was completed on 5/16/2016.  Just a few days ago, I received a letter from my representative (DAV) that reads: "Service connection for post traumatic stress disorder claimed as anxiety and insomnia is granted with an evaluation of 50 percent effective March 9, 2013.  Initially, I was denied because of a missed appointment, so I filed an NOD and was just scheduled for my C&P exam a few weeks ago.  Within what seemed like no time, I saw that my appeal was complete and I received the letter from the DAV stating that I was granted PTSD and increased from 40 to 70 percent (I am at 40 for IBS and Tinnitus).  My question is, does anyone know how long it will take me to receive the official decision letter from the VA?  I know it has only been a couple weeks since my appeal was completed, but you guys know how it is as far as waiting to get the official decision and the money.  Any info would be much appreciated.  Thank you so much!

Look at your documents in Ebenifits to see your percentage of disability. It should be updated there by now.   

Ad

Do you have your VA Comp Direct Deposit Account set up to Txt & E-mail you immediately, regarding all transactions? If not, might be a good idea.

My experience has been, Retro Deposit has always hit, about 3 weeks before the actual Award Letter arrived. Most recently 01/03/16, E-Ben showed 12/15 Increase 90% IU to 100% SC with SMC S (1), due to Quality review of 07/15 Award. By mid 01/16 Retro Hit, actual Award Letter arrived in 04/16.

The Award letter will catch up sooner or later, why concern yourself, right now. Relax, you won.

You want to think about something? See how close you come to determining your Retro $$. That would be more productive and enjoyable than waiting by the mailbox.

Get a copy of your PTSD C & P DBQ from your VMC Medical records. How does the DBQ comport with the 38 CFR 4. Do you agree with the 50%? Might be time to start putting your NOD together.

Semper Fi

• Like 4

Congratulation on your win!

Mine took about 5 business days after I recieved word from my Rep to get the Brown package.

if you already have your Bank Account set up? as Gastone mention you need to do if not  but if you already have it , you might want to check it..the $ $ could be there!  :smile:

Some Veterans still receive their payment by Gov-check in the Mail  but I think they prefer to send it to your Bank.

I only had 4 months of retro at 70% and they paid 3 months all at once and started the 4th month on my next pay period.

...JMO

& Thank you for your service to our country!

....Buck

• Like 2

Thank you guys!  How do I get a copy my PTSD C & P DBQ from VMC Medical records?  I don't know how to get access to the VMC medical records...I recieved the notification from my rep that I was granted back on May 17th, and EBenefits still shows nothing but "Appeal Complete on 5/16" ...still is not updated with my new percentage on Ebennies.  I have all direct deposit and everything set up, as I have been receiving benefits now for 2 1/2 years.

Also, how do I set it up where I can get email/text when there is a new update for me?  Thanks so much for the help!