VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I just never knew it could be this bad....

Rate this question

killemall

Question

March 2015, i filled out intent to submit quick claim

August 2015 I submitted claim with 9 contentions,  supplying dbqs and imes with each

March 2016 my claim was closed with all 9 contentions not awarded

I was then told that I had been scheduled for 5 c@p exams, which I never attended.

Ofcourse I was never notified of these exams prior to my claim closing!

I went through all the hoops and told them how I hadnt been notified of my c@p exams ect.

I then got my Dr to right new IMEs directly combatting what the Va wrote in the denial of my 9 contentions.

Low and behold, 2 months later the VA reopens the claim that closed in march with an estimated completion date of October 2016.

On May 28 just a few days after they reopened this claim, I submitted my Drs new imes via electronically on ebenifits

To my surprise ebenifits said this new claim was pending a decision!!!???

I submitted a query to Iris on May 28 to ensure that my evidence is considered before the claim closes

On June 1st I hand delivered the same new imes from my doctor to the Va and also wrote a statement saying I wanted this evidence reviewed as part of my claim prior to my claim closing.

Both were time stamped showing June 1st

Low and behold...I go on ebenifits today and my claim is closeno c@ps or anything...

So tired of this crap...

6 answers to this question

You my be tired but don't give up. It took me five years to get VA to see my way. Never surrender...never give-up!!

Got the bbe in the mail

All 9 contentions denied.

No options left but to appeal.  That will take years.

Damn Im mad...all this because I missed c@p exams I was never notified about

killemall,

I feel your pain, I spent 2 years getting one of the most grievous of my contentions SCd from my EAS.  I went to VA so much that my job was in jeopardy.  It took the dr retiring before I got any relief on that one.

Even now, 17 years past that point, I have to deal with a claim where the examiner ignored the basis for the exam, which was then denied(of course!).

Sorry to hear of your denials.

Did you move?  Did you notify the VA of your new address if you did for the C&P exams?

Sometimes the VA doesn't require C&P exams.

It would be helpful for you to supply both denials on here, redacting your personal information.  That way the experts on here and some of us novice folks can look at the denials and see why they were denied and hopefully point you in the right direction.

My original claims from 2013 have contentions currently awaiting my DRO hearing decision so it does take sometimes several years to get what you deserve.

Hang in there!