VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Wrong C&P Exam For My Condition??

Rate this question

63Charlie

Question

Went for a C&P exam for PTSD.

I received a decision that I have PTSD...but it wasn't service connected.

After the PTSD claim denial, I filed a claim for anxiety and depression..

It was quickly approved at 50% rating ...without another C&P exam for anxiety and depression.

The C&P exam was for PTSD and didn't focus on my anxiety and depression. 

Questions were pertaining to PTSD.

My Gaf was 45 prior to the PTSD C&P exam.

Not able to hold down a job due to the severity of my depression and anxiety.

If I file a NOD, will the VA provide another C&P examination specifically based on ANXIETY and DEPRESSION?

Undecided if I should file a NOD.

Depression has increased in severity due to a stressor from a diagnostic test result obtained since the C&P exam..

The VA examination process heightens my anxiety level as I have a fear of not receiving a fair and unbiased C&P examination.

Edited by 63Charlie

When I was honorably discharged from the Army, my mental health was so bad that the county judge had my belongings packed up and I was taken by the sheriff and dropped off just across the county line.

Had to have a family member deliver my vehicle to me across the county line..

County judge said don't come back in this county, or you will be arrested on sight.

One particular evening, before this little matter with the judge happened, a sheriff decided to do a simple traffic stop on me.

I decided NOT to stop.

A high speed chase ensued for 8 miles ending with the cops shooting out my tires because I wasn't in the mood for them to do a pit maneuver.

I was laughing the whole time that the cops were firing.

My passenger was terrified

VA says I don't have .service connected PTSD.

Was 23 when I entered the service.

Never even had a traffic ticket before I enlisted.

63Charlie,

Here's something very important to consider, especially with your MH conditions. Sleep disorders, do you have any issues with sleep? Quality of sleep, falling asleep, staying asleep, and so on and so forth.  More importantly is sleep apnea(SA), which more often than not, goes hand in hand with PTSD and MDD.

If you do have troubles sleeping, get your PCP to refer you to the sleep lab at your VAMC.  SCd SA with Cpap use is a 50% rating.  Many of us have it, but it's very hard to get SCd for it.  Worth looking into, it may well save your life.

Semper Fi

63C, do the math. The best you could hope for, as it stands right now, would be a miracle bump to 70%. Unlikely that's going to happen. So at 50% SC with a spouse, comp is $917. Somewhere down the road, your appeal if granted, 70% gets you to $1448 per mos. $6372 per year in Retro but there's no guarantee you prevail at the BVA.

You have to file your NOD to keep the claim alive. Why wait and hope for a small SC bump, remember no guarantees. According to a VA C & P Dr, your minimal PTSD isn't service connected.

An IU FDC Filed, with an attached VA Vocational Rehab Denial Letter, could result in an IU Award in 6 to 12 months. The additional $25,812 per year over what your current yearly comp is, would definitely take the edge off your BVA Wait time.

Considering your MH issues and how they might affect your decision making, might be wise for you to find a local VA Appeals Attorney for a "FREE" consultation. Just don't sign up for representation immediately.

Did I miss the posting of the Redacted PTSD DBQ and Award/denial Letter?

Semper Fi

• HadIt.com Elder

I find the outside world don't give a diddly how many wars we fought in or if we have  Combat PTSD or what ever  we mess up we will get arrested

Having PTSD has taken its toll on most veterans of having a nice relaxing life.

jmo

..............Buck