VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Well, everything I try to do on this site, even write a comment is censured. Not because of language, of false statements, but because the administrators must be blocking the facts getting out to you.

Is this another VA site, or DAV?

If it is DAV, I understand. I couldn't tolerate any more lies from them, and they did not want to speak up about the wrong decisions the VA made the last 45 years. We don't like each other, plain and simple. They seem to be the dirty side of the VA. 

I will say this. I believe I will be waited out, just like those men in Phoenix. The VA reinstated the woman and paid her back pay while she was off on administrative pay for the scandall. You will not get that courtesy. 

I can't post any records or articles, and may not even be able to comment. Why is that Hadit? Is this a Vet to Vet site, or a VA site just persuading us to believe it's for us?

• HadIt.com Elder

Victor Ray

Well, everything I try to do on this site, even write a comment is censured. Not because of language, of false statements, but because the administrators must be blocking the facts getting out to you.

What is wrong here?

I am sorry to hear about your medical conditions

were all in this together buddy

filing claims for them we all have to submit our evidence and prove our conditions it was service related or came down with some after years of military service.

I don't think a hadit Mod is keeping you from posting your questions as long as you are decent about it...no cursing  and putting others down  ect,,ect,,causing problems with other members and such

Ms T has worked her tail off for 20 years or more for us veterans to get our benefits and hopefully live a better way of life.

And to add this

Some of the hadit elder members have study and read read &read up on VA Law to help us win our claims , such members as Ms berta Asknod Ms T, broncovet, Gastone ,Vync,jbasser and Jerrel Cook and a lot of others that have passed away & more that I can't think of right now & its all unconditional help  its all free for the taking.

Hadit .com and its members have been a God Send to me and my family  and for all their help.

I & thousands of other veterans will be forever great-full

.............Buck

Thank you Buck.

i needed some reaffirmation that the VA had not contaminated this site too, like it has so many others. It is probably this crappy Apple IPad. It can't keep a signal.

i did some adjustments and hope it helped.

I tried to reply to Berta 3 or 4 times, but couldn't get a sentence done hardly, before it dropped me. I tried to reply to Vet2Vet also, but couldn't. I'll try both again.

I sent the proof to the St. Louis VARO almost 2 years ago, and they took so long, that the new and current medical proof became old, and ignored. Not new. The documents I sent Janesville in Nov. didn't get scanned until March or April 5 or 6 months later. The same with my Claim through DAV. I filed July 28, and had to complain, write the assistant to the Missouri Veterans, and refile in November to even get it in the system, before ANY process could even begin. The same the whole next year or more. Then, after being lied to again, I dumped them, and they retaliated by asking the VA to award benefits understanding that I revoked their representation. They did and denied an increase, thanks to the liars club.

I just posted a few documents to show I was actually very ill, actually hospitalized in Vietnam for 3 full weeks before evacuation, but the VA denied all SC. The denial was made before the Nashville VARO had even received the STRs and I have the proof. They made their denial on one document, the DA3349, and even that was totally misunderstood. I wasn't deployable to more than half the world, and was supposed to be discharged, because they could not treat me. Every regulation was violated, and there should not have been a claim, but because of ignorance or cover up, I was not medically discharged, as ordered on May26, 1971. The proof of everything is always on the vet, and there is no benefit of the doubt going to the vet. The VA has been lying to me all my adult life, and they need to pay. 

This is criminal in my opinion, and that overrides any law the VA hides behind, whether each item was claimed or not, " because the VA hid the proof for 45 years, preventing a proper claim or appeal. I defy it to prove its intention was not to wait for my death. It is or was waiting me out, and DAV assisted in deceiving me with them. The St. Louis facility is corrupt, including the VSOs.

they had the proof all these years, that I was permanently damaged, but the Secretary running the Army in 1971 is the pitiful man responsible, probably, but the VAs corruption never ends. They are putting it to me as we speak, and are waiting me out. Waiting me out!

thanks for listening Buck.

Victor Ray,

I would have a hard time believing this site is corrupted.  So "no" on that.

You are probably having computer issues and issues with getting and keeping a signal.  I am not an Apple fan.  We were just talking about it at work, and no apple fans there.

And, yes, the VA is waiting for you to die.  There ability to "assist' the veteran in claims is criminal, especially when the VA docs can not opine for claims.  That is just ass backwards if you ask me.

Also, I follow most all on here to include you.  I parse what I need to know to help me do my claims.  Everybody has something to add, however, you may not be able to get a specific answer for a situation you may have, etc.  I try to respond to posts when I can add and help out.  

Very rare, if at all am I critical of another post(er).  But I might shoot a humorous anicdote from time to time.  Life (especially VA life) is too short to be negative when up against a wall.  Just turn and try a different route.  You may find a map on here doing some research.

Anyway, I cant help you on the AO stuff, too ancient for me.  I'm waiting for the Iraq "Agent Orange" shoe to drop......

Good luck,

Hamslice

• HadIt.com Elder

your welcome victor,

you may need to seek an attorney for all that has happen to you especially with the VA.

You need to keep all copies of your evidence that the VA Never considered or never read  if its not on there record as established evidence thats been denied  you can still use it  so keep all those records you may need them later.

As for as choosing a VSO  its hard to find a good one but there are some out there,most of us that have been **** on with  most of the so called VSO organizations We work our claims our self and with help from Hadit members.

Just hang in there help is just around the corner  some of the better more experienced hadit members will chime in...Ms Berta is one of the best and probably the best in my opinion to have the knowledge about VA Law and to help you understand the claims process the do's and don'ts

It does help if you can post your denials and the reasons & bases of the denials.

those are needed so that we can better understand what you need to do or have to do with your claim.

Just about every Vet s claim is different but the outcome is the same we all want and need to win and get our benefits that are promise to us. Here is a little as to how to choose a VSO..It may or may not be of some help for you  but I would recommend you find a well experinced Attorney in VA Law to further help you with your claim.

FINDING A REPRESENTATIVE (VSO)

When visiting various veteran websites, I have come across a common question,

"How do I find a good VSO?"

Well, that is a question that is hard to answer.

There is no set group of questions to interview one to decide if he/she is savvy, committed and TRAINED.

However, after broaching this very question on a few websites, I did get some common-sense suggestions for trying to evaluate if the VSO individually or the organization at your location of choice is going to be of help to you. I will list them here, in no particular order, so that you may study and perhaps find some you can then utilize when beginning this search.

If you intend to do a lot of the work yourself with the VSO acting as the go between, then you will need to look for someone who will cooperate.

If you are unable to work any part of your claim and need your VSO to take it from soup to nuts, again you will need to look for someone competent, organized, and willing to take on the entire process. This will be someone who will also need to be willing to take it into the appeal process as necessary.

First, BEFORE you start your search for a VSO, decide just how involved you want to be.

The following are suggestions from veterans. They were kind enough to offer their aid as I requested. I thank them. I am leaving their names and the websites out to protect their privacy.
Talk to veterans, especially veterans you trust. Ask them about their experiences with VSO's and/or organizations.

Go to a canteen at a VA Medical Center or go to a veteran center and ask if anyone has some names that could be recommended.

Go on veteran websites (See Support Groups in STEP 6) and ask for anyone's experiences with a VSO or organization in a specific area. This would be an avenue where you would receive a frank answer to questions you might have since the member of the website is usually anonymous.

Assess a VSO's characteristics:

When meeting with the VSO, do you feel your meeting is being crammed into a small amount of time with not enough allowed to complete your queries? Or does the VSO have the patience and provides you with the time necessary to explore your concerns.

Is he/she getting sidetracked while talking with you or does the VSO give you his undivided attention?

Does the VSO exhibit confidence?

Does he/she seem genuinely interested in your claim(s)?

If you phone the VSO, is your call returned within a reasonable amount of time?

Does he/she show competence in the performance of the job?

How do you feel working with this person---comfortable, intimidated, encouraged, patronized? Depending on your response you need to decide if you want to continue with this VSO.

Another possibility is to go in to a VSO office just before it closes. Even if they don't have the time then to discuss your situation, setting up an appointment for another mutually agreed time could offer insight into the office. How are you treated, courteous with interest in helping you or in a hurry to just move you out the door?

Sometimes you have no real choice in the matter. Remember, though, you may have signed a Power of Attorney (POA) with that VSO or organization but you can always rescind it and take the claim process over yourself or designate another VSO somewhere else to handle your claim by signing a new POA.

Finally, if your VSO fails to give you the guidance you need, not to mention time to converse, respect and courteous service you deserve, then keep in mind there are other VSO's out there. Do not worry about hurt feelings on the VSO's part. They are there to help you! If they fail to do that, then you need to transfer to someone who can help.

Remember also the VSO's Are not authorized  to rep you if you take your claim to the BVA

Hopefully, this information will help a little. As I said at the beginning there is no set group of questions or actions that can guarantee a good VSO. There are a lot of variables in this complex area.
I wish you the best in your journey.

................Buck

I agree Buck, that this vet needs to find a good VSO and a lawyer if they are set for the BVA.

Without being able to read the last decisions from VA, we really don't know what to advise here.

Victor, you listed multiple symptoms and multiple diagnoses.

A vet rep will be able to determine what you should appeal and what other disabilities you could claim.

Those that might be from AO would be on the AO Presumptive list here available under a search, like the Amyloidosis.

The rep will want to see your inservice STRs as well as their last denials.

You can tell a lot from a one to one meeting with a vet rep.

Buck is right. He gave some good advise.