VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

white packet from va from appeals

Rate this question

RUREADY

Question

I got my packet today on my appeals it just wasn't the right one.

My wife call me today I got a letter from RO (Columbia) man I like

to burn my car up getting home. lol. ITS a appeals for a clothing allowance

2 years ago stamp RO Director no name or how to response to it .

My question is  anybody getting allowance the carpel tunnel brace anymore??

The black braces with metal in it. This was my appeal for this brace. ATL VA says they

don't pay anymore for this brace. The appeal letter says I am eligible for one or more braces

apply before 8-1-16 form 10-8768. They still didn't approve or denied 2 years wasted or this appeal

Anybody   

• HadIt.com Elder

PUREADY

I'm not sure  but you could take your letter to the VAMC Prostheses Dept and show it to them   unless you been getting your Brace some where else?  but that's who I would think you need to show your letter to.

Good Luck with it.

.............Buck

28 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

PUREADY

I'm not sure  but you could take your letter to the VAMC Prostheses Dept and show it to them   unless you been getting your Brace some where else?  but that's who I would think you need to show your letter to.

Good Luck with it.

.............Buck

that's what the letter also says but my point is if I appeal this one brace

then the decision should have said approve or denied not take to

prostheses and start over again.  Why appeal it

Edited by RUREADY

• HadIt.com Elder

I think thats in every VA Letter format...they usually just say that

''if you disagree with our decision you can appeal'' We have included VA Form 21-0958

Maybe they have to say that? but that don't mean you have to Appeal.

Maybe I am not following you on this?

If you have a VA letter stating to take this letter to the proper Dept and ask that you be given your Brace!...then you don't need to appeal!

You're 100% correct @Buck52,

I received my letter as well for my foot brace and hand grip device. I took it to VAMC Prosthetics Department and they entered the information from that letter into the system and gave me those items.

REACH ONE TO TEACH ONE

RU, the Letter addresses the VA Clothing Allowance that is paid to Vets, once each year. I think you have to file for it through the Prosthesis Dept, on their Special Form. It's about $450+ per yr.

This clothing allowance is to compensate you for the Wear & Tear caused by your respective device, on your clothing. There's no appealing involved. A friend of mine, gets it for his Back Brace.

Semper Fi

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes to what Gastone mention and they close out the replacements prostheses and the clothing allowance Aug 1st of each year   unless an emergency ...so go to your prostheses Dept before 8-1-16

if your brace is broke or worn-out, they have a special dept in prostheses you should be able to get it

I ask my PCP for clothing allowance from being incontinent but she said she will order me some pee-pads (Depends) I get two big boxes 6 months at a time...so I guess they don't allow for under-wear?

I get my C-PAP Supplies from the Prostheses Dept, sleep clinic places the order.

but my point is  when you need something from prosthetic s Dept  ask your PCP to place an order, then you go there and they have a allowance form you have to fill out.

Just don't forget about the close -out deadline of Aug 1st.