VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

Andyman73

Question

I was looking over the carpal tunnel related threads but didn't see one that came close enough to satisfy my question.  I injured my L wrist during MVA in the middle of my enlistment.  And I spent boo coo hours sitting in front of a sewing machine, cranking the wheel with my R hand, which was a big part of my MOS.

I was recently DXd by the VA with carpal tunnel on both sides.  Is this enough for a solid claim? 

Thanks in advance,

Andy

Semper Fi

• HadIt.com Elder

Oh okay

Well this is your primary MOS and its what you did while in the military...so you need to ask a Dr if using the Eagle sewing machine (commercially) could cause C.T.S. and get any military medical records  where you were treated for it, or if no treatment during military   then after military  the main focus is to get a Dr to mention  I have reviewed this veteran military  records and from what his Primary duty was in military  it is in my opinion that his CTS is caused from his prior military duty use a Military Eagle commercial  Sewing Machine..or something like this.

Its funny you mention the big guy...I went up against a big guy one time that everyone walked on egg shells around and he got his way  until he pissed me off to no end.

We had a little open air hooch that we had a little make shift relaxation area   that we would watch old movies and there was a  snack bar in the back and tables out front  for beer and just get togethers with friends and buddys  and the cook made these delicious meat melted cheese on a toasted hogi bun...I got me one one late evening  this big guy 270lbs 6-4 & Looked like Lou Feregno (the body builder) came in drunk and mad at the world..I was about to take a bite of my hogie mouth watering toasted sandwich  and he said hey Buck let me have a bite, I Said sure Big Guy (thats what everyone called him...anyway I handy him my sandwich and  eat sheved the whole damn sandwhich in his mouth...well that pissed me off..I said WTF   because I was hungry...he smarted off   and said hey you don't like it,,,,I said well hell no I don't like it   anyway we got in to it big time...i mostly stayed away from him as he was swinging at me all drunked up and what knot...he would not leave me alone and everyone tried to calm him down...once he came at me as my back was to a wall...I had no place to go..I happen to see a 2x4 standing up next to the wall in the corner  I grab it and I hit him across his head  hard as I could  that knock him out,,,,we all pour water on him  got him to come to   ...after that he apologize and he and I were good buddys from then on out  he left before me...but its a time I'll always remember.

I was about 6-1 weigh about 165 /170

• HadIt.com Elder

We were suppose to meet there were 4 of us that  took an oath  Buddy oath I guess you might say,,we were going to meet each other after we all return from Nam....some how that never happen   IDK Why? back then there were no emails only  written address and phone #  I Remember Big Guy was from Ohio  and couple of the others were from Indiana, I was from Oklahoma.

I lost all contact with them.

Anyway I guess I'll never live that one down  it comes up in my mind a lot for no reason.

but I'd not take any of back and if I had to do it all over again  I would, even tho Big Guy Was drunk/plastered ..he was a good friend.

Oh, no, Buck, the big guy in my story wasn't like that, it was just that nobody wanted to make him feel taken advantage of, with his tailoring gift...that's all, they didn't want "Dave's Tailoring and Repair" shop to close, that's all. 

He was a good dude, for sure.

• HadIt.com Elder

Roger that Andyman...you mention a 'Big Guy''  that just reminded me of this....its just an old memory from Nam...& no problem....matter fact looking back on that now  it all was hilarious.:smile: 

If you complained about it within one year of discharge you can fight it. The VA has a duty to assist. If they did not do proper testing of studies after your complaint of wrist pain, then they fail their duty to assist. Get a VA lawyer to see if you have a possible CUE Claim. Your condition would have been considered presumptive.