VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question about TDIU

Rate this question

Penelope

Question

I am trying to fill out the form for TDIU.  I am rated at 60%.  I have been granted SSDI.  I have a doctor's note saying he recommended I leave work due to my service connected disability and I can no longer hold gainful employment, including sedentary work.

I was accommodated in my job due to my Service connected disability for many years.  When I was granted my service connection at BVA, they considered an extra scheduler rating but ruled it out because I was still able to work, although on a reduced work schedule.  My VA doctor filled out forms year after year for work saying the restrictions were permanent and there was no recovery expected.

Flash forward 20 years and as my condition worsened absences increased and work was not so willing to accommodated me anymore.  They said that I was no longer able to perform the functions of my position because of the reduced work schedule..

My question is, Do I include all these extra details and history in my TDIU claim?  Do I request P & T?  Or do I not say anything about the past and just leave it with the doctor's note, and SSDI decision?

I don't want to add too much stuff if it is unnecessary, but I want to include the fact that I was accommodated due to my service connected disability and no longer can do the job, if it will help to have this successfully granted.

Thank you for your thoughts.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

You should have all medical evidence that will substantiate your claim.(medical records) VA & Private

Any STR's you had while in military any mention of your PTSD  OR Depression while in military. (records)

you need to submit your VA PTSD Diagnoses & Treatment notes  with the medications you take  and any therapy notes from the therapist.

if you have a combat badge/ribbon  submit that document  or  it should be on your DD-214,

Submit LAY STATEMENT ABOUT YOUR STRESSORS...Unless you already been S.C. for PTSD??...But other wise send in all you can with medical records

your spouse can write a lay statement  to attest to your behavior patterns and such

It helps if you been to VA Voc-Rehab and get a letter from the counselor that your not feasible to retrain because of your S.C. Disability (most of us have went through or tried to go through Voc-Rehab

Unless its obvious of your S.C.Disability   no harms or no feet  ect,,ect,,, then the burden of prof is on the veteran  and you do that with medical records  Dr's reports and statements from you and wife.

Hopefully you will be sent a C&P and usually this is a good thing. hopefully you will get a good veteran friendly Dr.

Just be honest and answer all the questions the best you can...the not working for 20 years may or may not help you  if you worked off and on  because when you Request TDIU P&T   That means you can't work at all because of your SC.Disability.

They will probably just go from the date you filed your TDIU CLAIM for Retro or go from the last date you showed to have worked

I probably forgot something  so others hopefully will chime in here.

.............Buck