VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Recap and thoughts from audiology C&P

Rate this question

snow1wave

Question

So I just had my audiology appointment, it was interesting from the start. Right off the bat I got the sense that my doctor was uninterested, which didn't surprise me, it was defiantly one of those in and out appointments. The first thing she did was ask me questions, about if I heard ringing, I told her I did, only in a quiet room with me focusing on it, she moved on to the next topic of if we had hearing protection, I told her no. Then she stuck this thing in my ear that measured the pressure, it felt similar to the pressure on an airplane, with a few beeps. Then I went in the booth, I had to repeat words and such it was very hard to hear they were so soft and quiet, I missed a few of them, I had to press the headphones as hard as I could to hear, maybe that hurt me in the end, but I just coolant hear it. After that It went to boops and beeps, some were easy to hear, others were harder. After that was over she took me out of the booth and said she couldn't discuss anything with me (I didn't ask she just said it), and i'll get the decision in 2-3 months rushing me out of the room. I couldn't get the sense how it went, but I guess ill find out. 

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

A lot of veterans get low ratings for hearing loss. It is hard to get service connected for and then they only want to give a low disability percentage rate. I had the same thing happen to me. I had good hearing on entrance to military and bad when I left. Mostly in my right ear. Everything is documented and they denied. Now that I am 100% it is a moot issue. But it still pisses me off that they are blatant about ignoring evidence.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you tell the Dr's you have this ringing  in your head  or sounds of swishing/ a dead humming sound or crickets sounds, the Audiologist will know what you mean,  this is called tinnitus  there no known cure for it and it warrants a SC of 10% for both ears.

They can't say the tinnitus is because of hearing loss  there's people that have good hearing but have tinnitus.

Yes I agree with ya about getting your hearing loss SC...YOU CAN ALWAYS GO FOR INCREASE WHEN YOUR HEARING DOES GET WORSE.

11 hours ago, snow1wave said:

So i'm going to need another test? Are you not getting compensated because its not bad enough or because you're already at 100%

Frequency loss not severe enough for compensation-  without hearings aids can't hear wife- not sure that's bad :)

if results of C&P are not favorable and/or you think audiologist was incompetent then another test by someone else may be worth it. Time will tell