VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Disability Benefits Questionare

Rate this question

Penelope

Question

I am filing for TDIU. My rating has been at 60% for more than 20 years.  I am trying to make sure that I have everything I need before submitting the claim.  I am wondering whether I need to have my doctor complete the Disability Benefits Questionare.  I am applying for TDIU for a condition that is already service connected.  I also have a nexus letter from my doctor.

As far as the DBQ, my VA doctor, who has now retired, answered most of these questions over the years in filling out forms related to my job.  That is why I am not sure whether the form is needed or not.

Thanks for your input.

• HadIt.com Elder

A favorably filled out DBQ makes things a lot easier and hopefully faster. With or without one the VA is likely to call for a C&P.

(Standard RO CYA practices)

• HadIt.com Elder

penelope

Do you know if your C&P is att he VAMC or QTC?

If your current SC Condition is Mental Health...PTSD/DEPRESSION ect,,ect,,

check your MH Notes on Ebenny's and make copies of'' all favorable information'' they may have noted, take those with you to your C&P.

However you can check the Ebenny's Notes on your S.C Condition..especially  if you are being treating at your VAMC.

Some times the C&P Examiner don't get everything!

Buck52 - Thank you for your reply.  You made great points.  I haven't received any notice of C&P, although I expect that I will be given one.  Time will tell.

Thank you again.

Last month I finally put in for an increase on my PTSD and A&A. I ended up having to C&Ps last week with Civilian VES Docs. What sucked was the first Doc had access to Ebenefits and actually had my VA Medical Records. It was the PTSD Review Increase Exam. The second Doc was for Physical health and A&A. She had no access to Ebenefits and no records whatsoever. So thankfully I had my SSDI and VA Doc Notes as well as my last 2 yearly Home Assessments for my wife's Caregiver program stating that I still need a full time caregiver. It sucks that we cant see those exams. It always helps to have those DBQs bud. My VA Psych Doc was going to fill out my DBQ next week but she had to have last minute surgery, so it will be a few weeks. Get your wife or a good buddy, to do support letters as well, Anything helps, and makes the VA's job easier even though we can submit every piece of evidence, yet VA still orders C&P exams. Good luck and keep us posted. God Bless

Thanks for replying, Navy04.  I never thought about having my VA doctor fill out the DBQ.  My VA Doctor that I had since 1989 retired in 2014. You gave me a good idea.  I will have to ask my new va doctor about him filling out the DBQ when I go see him next week and see what he says.  Thanks.