VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Denied 70% Rating For Ptsd Yesterday

Rate this question

emmak

Question

:huh: Hi folks, I just got the denial for an increase from 50% to 70% for PTSD. I am really angry and want so much to blast the powers to be for just blowing off what I have gone through and what I still live with today. Because I choose to try and live a somewhat normal life and keep problems to myself and my wife I am not 70%. If I went to the c&p looking like a slob, denied that I do have contact with my sister and her husband it problbly would have made a difference. I intend to follow up on this but I really want to write a letter blasting the raters for being jackasses. Will it do me more harm than good to do so?

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

emmak-

If you focus on exactly why they denied-the exact wording they used in Reasons and Bases- and send them the medical evidence and the rating schedule for the higher rating-and tell them how you fit into this higher rating criteria for your SC-

that will make them feel like jackasses-

I bet most of us here can relate to exactly how you feel-

But anger is one thing- it takes action -not clouded by anger-to succeed in VA claims.

Evidence is everything- did they ignore any of your evidence?

Was this based on the C & P report?

Did the C & P doctor have all of your records at the C & P?

Hold them to exactly what they stated in the reasons for denial and attach to your NOD anything that they overlooked and send a printout of the rating criteria that you fit into.(probably they even attached this to the decision) In the NOD you can request a DRO review.

Anger can be a great motivator but sending them a nasty letter will do no good.

Only evidence can make the claim succeed.

Do you have a vet rep? What do they think of the decision?

I did go to the VA office to file for the 70% The rep there was the one who suggested that I file the nod. I will go through the reply again when the anger is a little better. Maybe those raters need to be sent to Iraq and follow some of our GI"S around for awhile. I am a Vietnam combat vet of 1967/1968 and I am just now facing what I and 1000's of other men and women went through to serve our country.

• HadIt.com Elder

Emmak

Did you have an independent medical opinion supporting your claim for 70% rating. Are you working? It is hard to get beyond 50% for PTSD if you are working. You need the IMO anyway, or even strong evidence from your own private psychiatrist to win these claims.

Emmak:

I am also 50% and filed an appeal just like you did. I haven`t heard from mine yet, its only been 3 months. I was wondering, as john999 is, what evidence totally did you submit with your appeal? I have sent doctor`s letters, letters from family etc. Even as I speak I am sending previous cases of reference. I won`t let up. If you file a BVA appeal let us know.

Cavman

en -

Dressing like a slob FOR a C&P, or not admitting you have contact with family members will not

help you get a rating increased. Medical evidence, such as progress notes from yor doc is needed.

jmho,

carlie

en -

Dressing like a slob FOR a C&P, or not admitting you have contact with family members will not

help you get a rating increased. Medical evidence, such as progress notes from yor doc is needed.

jmho,

carlie

i agree i went from 30% to 70% based on what my semi monthly progress notes and reports said.. i keep going to the meetings and then from 70% i waited a little while and went for IU and then waited a while and went for PT