VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I need help understanding my C&P exam!

Rate this question

Osccore9

Question

Hello everyone,

I need help with the results of my C&P exam. I had it 2 weeks ago, and received the report yesterday. Can someone help me understand the outcome? Will I be awarder a disability rating? Or will I be denied? Thanks in advance.

Edited by Osccore9

• HadIt.com Elder

Playing Devils advocate - - -

To me the C&P was a bit too positive, and the RO may use a final statement in it to schedule an additional C&P or so.

I suppose a great deal depends upon what is currently "in favor" at the VARO.

Single issue, make it happen, take the credit, or develop further in detail for a VARO "favored" rating.

3 minutes ago, Chuck75 said:

Playing Devils advocate - - -

To me the C&P was a bit too positive, and the RO may use a final statement in it to schedule an additional C&P or so.

I suppose a great deal depends upon what is currently "in favor" at the VARO.

Single issue, make it happen, take the credit, or develop further in detail for a VARO "favored" rating.

Hey Chuck,

Thanks for the response. In regards to the results of the C&P, what do you mean by "to positive"? I also didn't understand the last sentence of your statement. I look forward to your reply. Thanks.

• HadIt.com Elder
1 minute ago, Osccore9 said:

Usually, a PTSD C&P does not have as many positive markers. In addition, reserve service is involved/noted, and that can make the RO's a bit suspicious.

A maybe sort of example - - - One of my claims involves a back injury under awarded combat conditions. Little evidence exists in my service records.

The BVA judge directed the RO to obtain my post active duty records for any additional evidence. The Navy reserves physicals for those on inactive duty were a joke, and unless a really disabling condition existed, were almost always fit for service. 

Just to add injury, the language in title 38 is extremely favorable to this type of claim, and the VA often tries to weasel out of the situation by trying to create negative evidence.

Chuck, 

So you think there's a chance my claim might be denied because it's too good? Judging by the symptoms, it looks like 100% disability according to the Doctor that posted a few hours ago. 

Even though alot of the symptoms are checked off, alot of weight is used in the Occupational and Social Impairment statement. Really just hard to say until  you get the official outcome