VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I need help understanding my C&P exam!

Rate this question

Osccore9

Question

Hello everyone,

I need help with the results of my C&P exam. I had it 2 weeks ago, and received the report yesterday. Can someone help me understand the outcome? Will I be awarder a disability rating? Or will I be denied? Thanks in advance.

Edited by Osccore9

• HadIt.com Elder

If this disability keeps you from working at any job to have Gainful employment,  file for the TDIU   the moot of the IU if you do get 100%   to my thinking is that  TDIU usually comes with P&T...SO think about the difference in the benefits,some rating of 100% you do not get all your benefits  like chapter 35  and in some states the property tax exemp is not the same if your not P&T

Here is a link to the TDIU FAST LETTER.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/148923612/FL13-013-001

Set your Direct Deposit Account up to Txt & Email you regarding ALL Activity. It has been my experience, with Reg & FDC Awards, the RETRO $$ usually hit the Bank about 3 weeks before the Award Letter arrives.

I must say, that was not the case 01/03/16, the Award from a Quality Review of a 07/15 Decision, that was completed mid 12/15, 1st appeared on E-Ben 01/03/16. The unexpected Retro hit the bank end of Jan and the actual Bump Award to 100% didn't arrive till mid 04/16.

So, sit back, try to relax. Whatever the Decision, you then we, will no shortly, right. Do start the IU & VA Voc Rehab and Independent Living (IL) program research. In my Lay opinion, that would be a much better use of your available time and energy. Might even help to lessen your current Decision wait Anxiety.

Semper Fi

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 5:01 AM, Gastone said:

Set your Direct Deposit Account up to Txt & Email you regarding ALL Activity. It has been my experience, with Reg & FDC Awards, the RETRO $$ usually hit the Bank about 3 weeks before the Award Letter arrives.

I must say, that was not the case 01/03/16, the Award from a Quality Review of a 07/15 Decision, that was completed mid 12/15, 1st appeared on E-Ben 01/03/16. The unexpected Retro hit the bank end of Jan and the actual Bump Award to 100% didn't arrive till mid 04/16.

So, sit back, try to relax. Whatever the Decision, you then we, will no shortly, right. Do start the IU & VA Voc Rehab and Independent Living (IL) program research. In my Lay opinion, that would be a much better use of your available time and energy. Might even help to lessen your current Decision wait Anxiety.

Semper Fi

Gastone,

That is great advice sir. I just hope I get a fair rating. God knows I need the money to get my life situated.

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 4:50 AM, Buck52 said:

If this disability keeps you from working at any job to have Gainful employment,  file for the TDIU   the moot of the IU if you do get 100%   to my thinking is that  TDIU usually comes with P&T...SO think about the difference in the benefits,some rating of 100% you do not get all your benefits  like chapter 35  and in some states the property tax exemp is not the same if your not P&T

Here is a link to the TDIU FAST LETTER.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/148923612/FL13-013-001

Buck,

What is TDUI? look forward to hearing from you sir.

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 8:18 PM, Buck52 said:

To the Original poster  Osccore9

I think this veteran will get a 100%rating....based on this C&P.

However at my C&P the examiner had check off all the boxes  except the Hygiene part.(I have good Hygiene)

.  They gave me S.C.  70% Rating   & in my Reason & Bases  

;;What We Decided   '' We base this on the criteria that closely  gives the rating of 70%...I probably should have NOD this decision , but I was at the 100% rating  and with the S.C. 70% PTSD they used the statutory rating to meet the SMC-S1 H.B.

So I was ok with that decision   and I'm tired of fighting with the VA  And want to just live out my life with my family.

Good Luck Osccore9

..............Buck

............Buck

Buck,

I hope youre right. Im just getting a little discouraged after reading about all the horror stories regarding how the VA low balls and denies claims. Keep me in your prayers.

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 4:44 AM, Navy4life said:

To the OP;

I re-read your C&P exam and then I read mine.  I see similarities in our C&P exams.  I was personally assaulted in the military and I got pregnant and lost the child.  MST is a REAL situation.  The examiner indicated you have MST, the examiner pretty much gave you a favorable exam.

If the rater goes off the "occupational and social impairment" then you are looking at 70%.  To be honest if you get 70% right out the gate you are doing okay!  You can at least file for IU and furthermore you can appeal the decision.  But you could be looking at 100% as well.

Now here is my concern for your "well being".  You indicated you are living out of your car?  Have you contact the local Hud VASH program at your local VA Hospital?  They can help you out.  I have seen a lot of Vet's get off the streets.

Second, you should be in ONE on ONE therapy for your issues.  I am in weekly therapy with a doctor who sees me and ONE other veteran on a weekly basis individually.  I think for your treatment you should contact your MH provider and ask about ONE on ONE treatment.  I don't think a group setting is going to help you, especially with your issues of MST.

It took me two decades to come out with my MST.  I hid it for so long and it was the worst thing I could have done.  Now I have been in treatment for just about 2 years and I am getting better.  

Keep in mind that you can and will get better and be aware that in the future your PTSD rating might not be P&T or "static".  Look at the code sheet for that determination.  Because my PTSD is non-static, the only rating I have that is non-static and that means I am open for a review in the future.  I want to get better so if it means I am getting better then so be it.  Make sure you have your mind on the right path.......Healing and getting better!

Take Care!

Navy,

I am living out of my car and shower at the gym. Its depressing, but I promised myself I would do everything possible to get out of this hell hole. After a failed suicide attempt, I was taken to the emergency room by my 1st sergeant. I am currently in therapy, take 3 different types of med prescribed by a physiatrist from the VA. I see a psychologist once a week. The VA has all my medical history.  I am tired of hiding from the world, I am ready to let the healing begin. Thank you for replying to my post. It is nice to see good people out there that care.