VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

TBI - first VA appointment

Rate this question

armorer

Question

After 34 years, I was finally competently diagnosed with TBI on My Nexus dated 4-9-16, and I finally had a medical Root cause for most all of my misery since about the 3rd day of my job in the Service.

Now, I have got my first VA TBI meeting next week: maybe an hour meeting or less. I was not told to bring anything, but I am going to be prepared to unload it all with notes, since I walk into rooms and don't know why half the time due to a fading short term memory.

If there is any reference to indicate what to expect, I'd appreciate the link. If I try to prepare for everything, I just get bogged down and accomplish little. I guess after the first meeting, it could go in any direction as complicated as the brain is. But I figured at the first meeting should be pretty routine, even if it also adapts to the Vet's particular syndromes.

Also, I've got a current TBI claim with many secondaries and TDIU in the process. SO I don't want to screw that up as bad as my life for the last 34 years (almost to the date) courtesy of the US Army. Thanks if anyone knows, cares, and has a chance to respond!

I saw where TBI screen may be the first step, but it seems irrelevant in my situation with 34 years of empirical evidence. However, I have a trail to follow now. Thanks anyway.

** What's the 4th question?

http://www.mirecc.va.gov/docs/visn6/5_TBI_3_Question_Screening_Tool.pdf

My worst fears realized: all the mtbi drugs will kill weak kidneys. Not mine, I've had med classes.

Edited by armorer

Was this a mild or Severe TBI. Were you knock out for days, hours, or at all. Was there a LOD done in service I know back then they didn't have the same wordings as they did with mine having gone to Afghanistan. But the words concussion I have spent days and hours reviewing past appeals before my TBI was granted try going on the BVA.VA.GOV site snd clicking on past decisions on the right where it says resources this is where it get tricky. Ive spent hours looking for correct combinations of words strung together to find what I am looking for. Just start by putting in "TBI" in the exact phrase then spacebar "TDIU". Make sure to click all the years you should get Page 1 of 1559 results. Have fun reading finding evidence if needed to help with your claim like I did.

.find these words              :

this exact word or phrase :
any of these words           :
none of these words

Severe (3 week comma) that healed (verified by USA Neurologist), and most importantly, blast TBI (bTBI) alteration of consciousness less than 30 minutes that has gotten progressively worse (about 200 blasts per day for 19 months) in Combat Engineering firearms/mortar training for all armed Services in United States. bTBI secondaries were within 3 days w/o hearing protection (x 19 months.)

Thanks for the feedback! I was starting to feel alone.

Edited by armorer

• HadIt.com Elder

just a thought

Even if you don't have Parkinson Disease? 

You might ask your Neurologist Dr About if TBI's can cause or be related related to Parkinson Disease!

( it is) but you will have this documented in your medical records in case you ever come down with it.

Reason I mention this I was doing some research on Parkinson And TBI's was mention several times in  conjunction or Related to TBI's

Just a Thought I'd Pass to ya

10 hours ago, Buck52 said:

just a thought

Even if you don't have Parkinson Disease? 

You might ask your Neurologist Dr About if TBI's can cause or be related related to Parkinson Disease!

( it is) but you will have this documented in your medical records in case you ever come down with it.

Reason I mention this I was doing some research on Parkinson And TBI's was mention several times in  conjunction or Related to TBI's

Just a Thought I'd Pass to ya

Thanks! Researching Pakinson's when I had pt's with it in acupuncture school, no one has ever gotten it if they smoked. I'd never smoke cigarettes, but maybe something that is good for tbi, dementia, and Parkinson's would be a good candidate :-o

Edited by armorer

• HadIt.com Elder

Well I hope no one ever comes down with Parkinson d but  we never know when any disease will strike us...some disease just strikes all at once...