VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Should I honestly just give up on this part?

Rate this question

rubberduck391

Question

Hey guys,

Long time lurker first time poster.  I recently completed a C and P exam after a very long time out of the military. My wife and a few of my friends finally got me to seek counseling and file a VA claim. I am currently 10% for skin issues. But I filed for depression. The C and P exam didn't go all that well. She say me litteraly 40 mins thats with time to park check in and see the doc. She rarely looked at me did no tests just typed everything I said and said thank you and I was on my way home. I was hoping some one here could take a look at the C and P notes the doctor wrote and could tell me where I stand. The military docs DX me with depression and dx dysthymic disorder, Personality Disorder NOS (dependent and avoidant traits). The examiner disagreed and just said I have a personality disorder. From what I have read on teh forums is this is the kiss of death for veterans. I don't have the financial means to hire a lawyer and the DAV here locally isn't really responsive to me. Could some one take a look at the notes and let me know of options I may have or not have? Should I just hang up the hat and call it a day?    

Regards,

Duck 

UPDATE: Ebenefits has changed my status to  Pending Decision Approva. I submitted my claims back in April. Seems to be moving rather quickly. 

Edited by rubberduck391
update

Good job Rubber Duck! 60% kicks ass: almost there. I felt you were about to get some good news. :)

A well known Psychologist said you could have more than one Mental Health claim: different situations are different. I have an IMO with both listed, and they commonly come in pairs. Just emphasize the main one in case they just put one down (always assume they will inadvertently screw you.)

There is a non-combat PTSD, but it is a very political move and will be well guarded by all the VA gate-keepers (all of them.) You can claim the same thing as PTSD as the category it is umbrellaed under: Anxiety (same rating, but not as many Congressional benefits tacked on, I assume.) As all others, the nexus is the key but go ahead and get it listed until that time.

Edited by armorer

I have two MH ratings that are separate. I have a MH 50% rating and I have a separate rating for my Eating Disorder 0%. 

Armorer thanks for the support!=) 

Thank you all for the support seriously! I have heard two different stories on this question I'm about to ask but do MH ratings effect Clearances? 

I'll keep you guys posted on how the nexus letters go. I'm glad you guys don't sleep much either but only in the selfish aspect that I'm not a lone wide awake on the internet in the early morning. =)