VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Should I honestly just give up on this part?

Rate this question

rubberduck391

Question

Hey guys,

Long time lurker first time poster.  I recently completed a C and P exam after a very long time out of the military. My wife and a few of my friends finally got me to seek counseling and file a VA claim. I am currently 10% for skin issues. But I filed for depression. The C and P exam didn't go all that well. She say me litteraly 40 mins thats with time to park check in and see the doc. She rarely looked at me did no tests just typed everything I said and said thank you and I was on my way home. I was hoping some one here could take a look at the C and P notes the doctor wrote and could tell me where I stand. The military docs DX me with depression and dx dysthymic disorder, Personality Disorder NOS (dependent and avoidant traits). The examiner disagreed and just said I have a personality disorder. From what I have read on teh forums is this is the kiss of death for veterans. I don't have the financial means to hire a lawyer and the DAV here locally isn't really responsive to me. Could some one take a look at the notes and let me know of options I may have or not have? Should I just hang up the hat and call it a day?    

Regards,

Duck 

UPDATE: Ebenefits has changed my status to  Pending Decision Approva. I submitted my claims back in April. Seems to be moving rather quickly. 

Edited by rubberduck391
update

Rootbeer22. I have finally got it hammered into my head about having to fight the VA. Did you get a C and P exam for each of the claims? I submitted for 14 things and only got 3 C and P exams. I didn't seek treatment or have treatment since I been out. Kinda just stayed away from doctors and what not. For a while I got to forget a lot of things. 

Armorer man... I am at a loss for words man I am sorry that you have gotten the run around so much. I wish I could give you the speed of my claim so that you can get the compensation you deserve. I hope the DAV or whomever is your rep can help you out. 

I'll keep you guys posted on the outcome of this. Ebenefits says it will complete by the 27th so about a week. I called the VA clinic again to try and get an appointment with a VA Psy. Doc. 

Duck: Lay opinion here, that MH DBQ doesn't look very promising.

My take, even before getting to the Dr's Discussion at the end, of "Less Likely," was that your MH issues were in place before entering the service and are just the natural progression. Maybe a Rater will see it different.

Semper Fi

Gastone,

Thank you for the response. Yeah thats what I had gathered from it as well. Honestly though I have never had any MH issues prior to service. As the song goes " maybe always means no " 

-Duck 

Congrats on the big bump up! It will be a lot less stressful to go after those denials with that big increase sitting fresh in your pocket.  I'm currently facing a full plate of NODs with no successful claim fresh in my hand.