VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Should I honestly just give up on this part?

Rate this question

rubberduck391

Question

Hey guys,

Long time lurker first time poster.  I recently completed a C and P exam after a very long time out of the military. My wife and a few of my friends finally got me to seek counseling and file a VA claim. I am currently 10% for skin issues. But I filed for depression. The C and P exam didn't go all that well. She say me litteraly 40 mins thats with time to park check in and see the doc. She rarely looked at me did no tests just typed everything I said and said thank you and I was on my way home. I was hoping some one here could take a look at the C and P notes the doctor wrote and could tell me where I stand. The military docs DX me with depression and dx dysthymic disorder, Personality Disorder NOS (dependent and avoidant traits). The examiner disagreed and just said I have a personality disorder. From what I have read on teh forums is this is the kiss of death for veterans. I don't have the financial means to hire a lawyer and the DAV here locally isn't really responsive to me. Could some one take a look at the notes and let me know of options I may have or not have? Should I just hang up the hat and call it a day?    

Regards,

Duck 

UPDATE: Ebenefits has changed my status to  Pending Decision Approva. I submitted my claims back in April. Seems to be moving rather quickly. 

Edited by rubberduck391
update

Andyman73:

Years ago, I bought a brand new Ford Focus after my clunker failed me-it was the Advertised Special or lost leader in the newspaper. Unfortunately it did not have AC and she said if she had been there she would have insisted on it. She is a very wise woman and we have been together for over 36 years but this VA claims filing stuff....is something she has no knowledge about? The reward for getting good  IMOs/IMEs is the difference (most) times between winning and losing either and increase or service connection for a claim. Currently, I have enough free air miles to get me to Oklahoma City to see Dr. Ellis so that's going to save about $450.00 for the trip and make it easier for her to accept.  Then I figure about 2 to 3 K for the exams that I would need for my NOD.

Anyway, I hope it all goes your way in the future...

Godspeed Rootbeer22

Yeah, wife likes the check on the first of the month, just don't like me going to appointments all the time. Usually says some stuff that makes me feel lower than a naked mole rat deep under ground.  So low I gotta look down to look up.

So I am starting to get my game plan together. I gathered from the consensus that I need to wait for the "offcial" letter to come in the mail before I can do anything. I am not one to just sit on my laurels so I already made an appointment with a doc. But I have a question I filed for insomnia and insomnia can't be or rather its very rare that its rated on its own. So would I just file insomnia as a secondary to my already 60% service connected disability? How would that work out? I am already capped at what I can get for this disability unless it goes cancerous. 

-Duck 

RD;

You need to wait for the letter before you do anything...You are putting the "cart before the horse" right now..

What is your current 60% for?

What do you think the insomnia is from?  

Nvy4life, 

Yeah I planned on waiting for the official letter. I just want to start getting ready to NOD. I currently get 60% for dermatitius. Honestly I lay awake just tossing and turning I'm aboslutly tired as hell but can't get to sleep. I don't do the caffeine route before bed. Don't smoke, and my family gets me plenty of exercise. Sometimes I am slathered up like a slug to stop me from driving myself or my wife crazy with the itching.  Mil docs were giving me a steady supply of Ambian and my god does that stuff work! Never slept so well in my life. Sometimes I am able to self medicate with  Nyquil or some others things like it to knock me out. 

-Duck

43 minutes ago, rubberduck391 said:

Nvy4life, 

Yeah I planned on waiting for the official letter. I just want to start getting ready to NOD. I currently get 60% for dermatitius. Honestly I lay awake just tossing and turning I'm aboslutly tired as hell but can't get to sleep. I don't do the caffeine route before bed. Don't smoke, and my family gets me plenty of exercise. Sometimes I am slathered up like a slug to stop me from driving myself or my wife crazy with the itching.  Mil docs were giving me a steady supply of Ambian and my god does that stuff work! Never slept so well in my life. Sometimes I am able to self medicate with  Nyquil or some others things like it to knock me out. 

-Duck

Are you trying to get insomnia secondary to this contention?