VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Remanded Appeal after Video Conference

Rate this question

JFizzle

Question

So I checked Ebenefits yesterday and the status of my appeal was changed from "Pending Dispatch"  to "Remanded Appeal". The statement in Ebenefits says "Your appeal has been sent back for further development by the Board to the Appeals Management Center or to the office that made the original decision on your case." If you have any experience/knowledge at this stage of the process, would you mind sharing?

Thanks in advance....

2 answers to this question

Yo FIZZ, what happened with the BVA Video Hearing? I never had one, how about a blow by blow run down of yours?

I see that back in 05/15, you were considering jumping ship, regarding your VSO. How'd that workout for you? What does your same/new VSO Hearing Rep have to say?

If possible, could you post redacted copies of you VA Awards/Denials and the BVA Remand? How about a time-line, also?

If you haven't yet, set your Direct Deposit Bank/CU Account to Txt/Email you immediately regarding all financial transactions. VA Retro generally hits your Bank Account about 3 - 4 weeks before the actual Award Letter arrives.

My E-Ben site listed an increase from a mid 12/15 Quality Control Review of a 07/15 Decision, 01/03/16. Retro hit mid 01/16 and Award Letter arrived mid 04/16. That's 6 for 6 Retro Deposits or Checks, hitting 3+ weeks before the Award Letters arrived, over the past 8 yrs.

Semper Fi

Hi Gastone. The BVA Video Hearing was rather straight forward. My request for a hearing was submitted in October of 2015 and about 3 to 4 months later I received a video conference court date to appear in April. We reviewed the claim along with my VSO present and spoke of my condition. I didn't know what to expect because of some of the stories I heard, but the judge was nice and seemed to understood my point of view as it pertained to the claim. It was about a 20 minute session to freely state your claim. I would recommend one if you have a claim to appeal.

I decided not to jump ship on the VSO and stuck through it.

I did receive the BVA letter from the remand over the weekend (6/25), but the online version is not yet available for me to copy it over.

My sleep apnea claim was decided as a complete grant, and the rest were remanded for another exam... although I have to wait, I am somewhat glad since I wasn't completely denied. Since I just got the BVA letter, I am not sure where the process goes from there.

I will have to search my timelines to provide the whole process later.