VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is it me or is my claim moving really fast?

Rate this question

snow1wave

Question

So I just filed for benefits on 05/07/2016, my last C&P was on 6/15/16. Monday my application was approved and changed to preparation for decision, and my completion estimate date moved up to 07/15/2016 - 08/17/2016.  Is it me or is this going faster than I thought, I did wait until the last minute to file, I first filed a month away from my 1 year separation date. So around 11 months separated, i'm guessing it had something to do with that. As far as the estimated time, would it be closer to the 07/15, or the 8/17? 

Every now and then one slips through the cracks and gets run through the system rather quickly, compared to the snail pace of average claim time frames.  I had one that went 90 days from claim filed to award letter in my hand.

21 minutes ago, Andyman73 said:

Every now and then one slips through the cracks and gets run through the system rather quickly, compared to the snail pace of average claim time frames.  I had one that went 90 days from claim filed to award letter in my hand.

That looks like my time frame too.. Thats totally fine with me!! How far will backpay go if I'm awarded anything, from date of sep or from date of file? 

Claim submitted 09/2015 on line.   Additional documentation submitted 02/2016.  C&P exam 04/2016.  Rating Decision 05/2016.  Retro pay back to 09/2015 being withheld until Fiduciary appointment - estimated completion per Ebenefits 1/2018 - 6/2019 !!!!!!!    Monthly comp pay starts July 2016.    I would say this was a pretty fast track - however, the Fiduciary appointment is outlandish -- especially since my bro submitted incompetency hearing waiver and requested that I be appointed Fiduciary.