VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is it me or is my claim moving really fast?

Rate this question

snow1wave

Question

So I just filed for benefits on 05/07/2016, my last C&P was on 6/15/16. Monday my application was approved and changed to preparation for decision, and my completion estimate date moved up to 07/15/2016 - 08/17/2016.  Is it me or is this going faster than I thought, I did wait until the last minute to file, I first filed a month away from my 1 year separation date. So around 11 months separated, i'm guessing it had something to do with that. As far as the estimated time, would it be closer to the 07/15, or the 8/17? 

Yea, I just have to wait for the decision.. I just have really bad anxiety, which Im filing for. Quick question, In my exit exam I don't remember if I told him I had psych issues, I think I told him no though. Im almost positive I got a very favorable psych c&p, with a life threatening event during my career that was the fault of the military which I believe was the reason for my issues. Would me saying I had no psych issues during exit physical effect anything? 

Edited by snow1wave

17 hours ago, Gastone said:

If at anytime in the future, you get a DX of Pulmonary Hypertension, or get a DX of a periodic Low Pulse 02 (below 90%), requiring supplemental 02 with your CPAP, be prepared to file an FDC for Secondaries to your SA and an increase to 100% for your SA.

As for Redacted, just black out your identifying info and scan as a Pdf to attach to your posts. The more info we have, the easier and less time consuming the help process can be.

Was this claim, an FDC?

Semper Fi

Gastone, the studies show low O2, I believe (see attached file) and possible hypertension was mentioned; however, I was prescribed CPAP only. Yes, the claim was an FDC. I have a question concerning this site. Has anyone ever heard of a claimant being discriminated by their RO because they post things here?

OSA with SC.pdf

1 hour ago, EODCMC said:

Gastone, the studies show low O2, I believe (see attached file) and possible hypertension was mentioned; however, I was prescribed CPAP only. Yes, the claim was an FDC. I have a question concerning this site. Has anyone ever heard of a claimant being discriminated by their RO because they post things here?

OSA with SC.pdf

How would your RO know you are posing here? 

Snow, I don't think it would be difficult if one were sleuthing. Especially, when a claimant is posting redacted copies of their claim submissions. Even when identifiers are removed, I suppose it can be done. Perhaps I'm looking under the bed for boogeymen; I just thought I'd ask.

I highly doubt that ROs are looking for your forum messages. Thats like when you first signed up they tell you meps detectives are going to follow you around to see if you lied about injuries or health problems. 

I suppose you're right. That would be like employers looking at your social networks...doesn't happen.

Edited by EODCMC
Typo