VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

ebenefits error while making claim

Rate this question

eagle00

Question

Hello,

I'm a veteran living in Central Europe (Czech Republic),and I have logged in to ebenefits with no problems..but now when I click on online application for a new claim, I get the following error..

An unknown error has occurred.

Please try again later, or call 1-800-827-1000 for assistance. If you call: (1) explain the task you were trying to accomplish; and (2) explain which feature you were trying to access. When you call, please refer to the following error code: VDC- 1466684486662

Is it just me or is everyone having problems? This has been the case for about a week now..thanks!

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Try "something different" to narrow down the problem, on your end, such as:

1.  Try cleaning your cache.

2.  Try a different browser.

3.  Try resetting your modem, which should get you a new IP address.

4.  Try another computer.  

5.  Try another computer with a different ISP, such as a neighbor, friend, work, etc.  

• HadIt.com Elder

I read in MyHealthyvet  that they are  going to  update on 6-26-2016  for everyone to update their PASSWORD or Change it for ebenny's

There are a lot of people having issues it seems.

I called the eBenifit's -1-800-983-0937 number for Technical Support.

I keep getting this error:

Unexpected Error

We're sorry, but an unexpected error has occurred. Please return to the main site and try again.

Customer Support Information:

Error ID: 1466703148343
Server ID: ManagedServer003

One other thing to have them check for is if your "claim" got "transferred" there is a known issue that the last number in your social security number.

The support person told me the same thing about the update (something to do with the letter generation).  She sounded like it was supposed to be the cure all for a lot of issues.  Being a programmer that deals with databases and creating reports based on data in the databases I really like to know how a system that should only "read" from the database(s) can have such an affect on every other aspect of the system (unless it was that poorly designed).

Unfortunately, the problem may not be your computer. eBenefits is intended to be an automated system. If the application is filled out correctly, the computer directs the claim to the appropriate regional office or in some cases (dependency for example) actually processes the claim. Vets living overseas claims are processed through specific offices and I suspect eBenefits doesn't know what to do with yours. Take a look at this web site from the VA for international claims. http://www.benefits.va.gov/PERSONA/veteran-abroad-contact.asp

You might want to give them a call and it looks like the Pittsburg RO will handle your claim.