VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Common Requests Far National Records Center

Rate this question

Tbird

Question

• Founder

If you have requested any records from the National Records Center will you post

What you requested

What you recieved

How long it took

I am doing an informal survey, thanks for your assistance in this.

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I request for my military records and medical records, Marine Corp,

Got my miitary records within 2mos, medical records they said I would have to ask somewhere else. VA Rep said we should wait on them cause it would cause a back up for us

Guest jangrin

Tbird,

We requested records from the NPRC by faxing and then mailing the signature page of, I believe it was form 180. 5-6 months later we hadn't received anything so we sent in an IRIS inquiry. The IRIS stated that they were "just now processing the request and we should here something in 3 to 5 business days. We got the records in about 4 days and they contained, 2 official copies of my husbands DD214, and two pieces of paper records that pertained to his last duty station, and one that showed his travel orders while in service sending him to vietnam.

We sent another IRIS inquiry asking where all his records were since we didn't get any medical records and no records of examinations nothing. And no records of his awards. They said all records had been sent to the VARO. We contacted the VARO and they did not want to provide service records because it would slow down the claims process. We are now 10 months into the claims process. We still have not received copies of the records or cfile.

Jangrin

Tbird

I recieved my records about two months after requesting them. My three years active duty consisted of about 30 pages. of which half of those were jump records. They said my records had been destroyed and had to be reconstructed. What I got represented about ten percent of my records. No mention of nam.

I did recieve a packet about 1/2 inch thick of inactive reserves records which I never attended a meeting.

kkp

• HadIt.com Elder

Tbird,

I have had much sucesss with my records at the St. Louis Archives. My only question, is what good have those records done me.

The AMC - Pearl speaking - told me to contact the Archives for my Administrative Records, to which I did twiced.

I sent the AMC a copy of all of the administratvie records in may and again in July.

I even went as far as to have the Archives on the Aimee machine send a letter to the AMC that there are no more medical records in my file.

Well, yesterday, I found out that I had received a copy of the transfer to another duty station, to which the R. O never acquired.

Where am I at now.

Absolutely no where.

Of course they aren't saying that they think that I made the transfer paper on my computer, but do you think they will accept my records, Absolutely No.

Now that all is said and done.

I have re-contacted the Archives to place on the Aimme the complete Administrative Records, to which I must not touch, and have them sent to the AMC.

I just have to make sure that when the records go to the AMC that the Archives include the long lost transfer from the duty station, where I suffered so much abuse, to another.

When does the Va. believe the Veteran?

Never.

I was told that I would have an answer in December, but I am being held up again, due to the lawyers upstairs wanting their own copy.

Thanks for letting me air this one out.

Josephine

I requested all of Rod's records from NARA-on line. He had two periods of service,in two different branches.

I put all of this onto 2 separate SF 180s but then I think I failed to send in the bar coded thing with my signature for both of them-separately- I think I just sent in one signature thing and worried that maybe this was wrong thing to do.

But about 4 weeks later I received Rod's Navy SMRs etc and a letter informing me that all of his USMC military records were at the Buffalo VARO.

That was where they were supposed to be.

• HadIt.com Elder

I requested copies of my DD214's about two months ago. I did it on-line and then mailed the signature form.

I received the DD214's (two) in about two weeks after I first requested them.

I'm also doing some genealogical research about my family (when you are stuck at home, you'll do almost anything, I guess, LOL ). I recently sent in requests for my Father's and my Grandfathers records.

Received them in about 2 months.